cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Side-by-Side mode

MarteMeoJoy
Listener

Can I share my screen in side-by-side mode so the participants are not appearing in the video i am sharing but rather along side and not on the viewing window?  I use a Mac Book Pro.

10 REPLIES 10

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! Yes, Side by Side mode is allowed in Zoom Meetings. 

Another way that you can enhance your user experience for your Zoom meetings is to pin or spotlight your participants.

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Thanks I know it is possible but simply can not get it to work when I am the host of the meeting and I am presenting the video.  When my participants share then I can use side by side mode to watch but can not manage it when I am sharing my screen.  It means that the little postage stamp videos of my participants encroach on the video I am presenting and at times interfere with the interactions we are trying to see.

I have tried the suggestion to go to my profile pic and click on settings but when I go to my profile pic and click that option is not available to me.  Very frustrated and trying to sort this out for when I start training tomorrow morning in 16 hours time.

YaBoiB

Hello @MarteMeoJoy ,

Do you have dual monitors? You can select in the general settings to have dual screens selected and then your share screen and your participant's screen will be separated into two windows. I am not sure what you mean about not being able to use side-by-side video when you are sharing?  Here is a support document that speaks on how to enable it on your account. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004802843-Side-by-side-mode-for-screen-sharing

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

I am having the same issue.  Would love to auto enable side by side mode when I am the host and sharing my screen.

GaryNealHansen
Listener

I'm having the same problem:

I'm hosting and sharing my screen in a hybrid meeting, with the projector in the room showing my Zoom screen.  I can't seem to get side-by-side mode working -- the little pics of participants float over my slides, partially obscuring the view.

MarteMeoJoy, did Brandon's suggestion of clicking "dual monitors" work for you?

Thanks,

Gary

YaBoiB

Hello @GaryNealHansen , 

In your scenario, one thing that you can do is hide non video participants. This might possibly work for your use case. What do you mean when you say that the projector is showing your Zoom screen? Is the projector in the Zoom meeting? Are you sharing your screen through the projector? I need to get a visual of what you are speaking about in this instance. If you would like to create a support ticket for this issue, I can join you in a Zoom meeting and we can discuss this. Please provide me with the Support ticket number and we can work on this together if you desire. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Jaloal
Listener

Using a MacBook, Pro, I am having this issue when I am the host of a meeting.  Side-by-Side is not an available option in the View menu.  However, when I am a participant, using the same computer, I can select Side-by-Side from the View menu. Then I can use the slider to make the shared screen smaller and create double column of participants.   I am not using dual monitors.  I have just updated my Zoom Desktop app.  No improvement. I would love to be able to do this, so I can see all of the participants in my meeting when I share my screen.  Currently I can only see the number who fit  in a single column and must arrow down to see the rest.  

amachete
Listener

same issue - this is extremely frustrating and I am not sure why it would be different as the screen-sharer.

A helpful friend shared a solution with me...  when I share a screen, I select Gallery view.  At first the participant images are reduced to only two, but when I select the bottom left corner and dragging down diagonally, I am able to stretch the  gallery window to show all of the participants in the meeting.

MaheshBellie
Listener

I am having the same problem in Zoom Workplace app.   Its very frustrating. 
If the Community provides a means to share a picture along with these comments its easy to understand what this complaint is all about.