cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared video file over email or downloaded from the link cause video lag during screen share

CherryA
Listener

I have been experiencing issues of video lag during the screen sharing. Tried with both -- Optimize video option checked and unchecked.

However the video lag still persist. The video lag is visible to all participants however the host sharing the file sees it properly on his laptop.

One observation we had, this happens only when the video file is shared over email or uploaded to the drive or even copied from the pen drive/SD card etc.  and then downloaded / saved to the hosts machine.

This downloaded / saved file when shared during live stream causes video lag.

To test this further, I created and copied the actual file on my laptop and tried to share on zoom. -- No issues.

Now I uploaded the file on Drive and used my other email ID to download from the drive, (Verified the file size,FPS rate etc. were not altered) and used this downloaded file on Zoom share. 

The participants now see the lag in the video. No issue with the  audio though. And the host sharing the file also sees perfect video at his end.

Any suggestions or inputs how this can be avoided or pointers on what could be causing the issue?

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @CherryA, could be a number of things... you can try to go into your Zoom client settings > Share Screen > Advanced > check to see if there's a limit on FPS when sharing content and also try checking 'Use hardware acceleration to optimized video sharing'. 

This could also result in the # of processes (CPU usage) your computer is attempting to handle when sharing content with Zoom open, playing a video, or any other applications open as well and could also be based on your network connection.

You can try closing all applications > uninstalling Zoom > rebooting > reinstalling Zoom from https://zoom.us/download (64-bit if on a 64bit system) and see if that makes a difference when testing. If still experiencing lag, you may need to recheck the settings suggested above ☝️

Attempt to check the settings suggested for troubleshooting and let me know if that helps! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @CherryA, just checking in on my reply and was wondering if any of the troubleshooting I suggested was helpful? 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!