cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

See Participant While Sharing PPT

Warant
Listener

Greetings fellow Zoomers!

My apologies if this question has been asked before, but I cannot seem to find a specific answer for which I am looking…

Plain and simple, I am sharing a PowerPoint presentation as the host, and would like to be able to see the participants faces. The only way I have been able to do this is by showing the floating video panel, and as I only have one monitor the floating panel blocks part of the screen.

However, as a cohost or someone viewing the presentation, I am able to move into a film strip type view with the presentation showing to the left, and the participants faces to the right. This is the type of format I am seeking as I present often and need to be able to see peoples faces to pause for questions, and gauge general engagement with the content.

I hope this question makes sense!

Thank you all in advance!!

-Anthony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Unfortunately, what you are referring to is Side-by-side mode, which is only available when viewing content, not when sharing content from your end. In your situation, the best things to do would be to either connect a 2nd monitor to your computer that you can continue viewing your participants while sharing, or simply join from a 2nd device so that you can see their videos on the 2nd device. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

jeremyjustin

Hi @Warant thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! There are a couple helpful links I'd like to add in here, one is general sharing of content while in Zoom

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362153-Sharing-your-screen-or-desktop-on-Zoom

This one is also really good for talking about the gray boxes that appear to people in the meeting in certain cases while someone else is sharing

https://thewebinerd.com/2021/07/13/get-rid-of-those-gray-boxes-in-zoom/

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

Bort

Unfortunately, what you are referring to is Side-by-side mode, which is only available when viewing content, not when sharing content from your end. In your situation, the best things to do would be to either connect a 2nd monitor to your computer that you can continue viewing your participants while sharing, or simply join from a 2nd device so that you can see their videos on the 2nd device. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Very helpful! Thanks @Bort!!

artforscience
Listener

This is not a solution for the majority of people who have one screen (laptop, tablet, or smartphone). There should be an option were the person presenting can see the participants as a row across the top of the sharing screen (near their built in camera), that does not obscure the presentation they are giving.

joelcoffman
Listener

We had a similar issue when presenting from a conference room with one (and only one) large display screen - wanted to be able to see the slides participants were seeing, along with the video panel. A bit of a duct-tape solve, but in PPT we went to Set Up Slide Show > Show Type > Browsed by an Individual (Window). We manually adjusted the window the PPT was displaying in (no presenter mode available with this fix) to take up about 3/4 of the screen, and then showed the Video Panel in Zoom, manually adjusting that to take up the rest of the screen.

Not ideal but it got us what we needed in a pinch, just wanted to add to this thread in case it helps anyone.

Warant
Listener

Hello @joelcoffman, and thank you for taking the time to share your input! I had not found/thought of your solution, but I did find something similar. Instead of adjusting PowerPoint, you can adjust from the Zoom side.

Share->Advanced->Portion of Screen.

Still not what I was hoping for, but it is nice to have some workarounds.

Thanks again!

inlighten
Listener

If I use a second device to view screen, I still can't adjust the windows to see everyone...  PLEASE add this feature. it's essential when you are teaching and need to see student's reactions and hands raised..

With all due respect, it makes no sense to have two styles of Zoom presentation. Unable to see the audience while presenting from able to view the audience when others present is simply distracting. I second the request by enlighten to add the feature, please.

Nina210124
Listener

I want to share this video with someone who still has the same question. 

Sharing a Powerpoint in Zoom - See your students, your presentation, your notes, AND the chat! - You...

Hope it's helpful.