cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles for a Zoom One Pro Account

Sandi22
Listener

Hi Zoom Community! With only two employees, and only hosting one or two meetings a month, I have a Zoom One Pro plan.  I'm listed as the 'owner' with my director as 'admin'.  It appears that the Admin role limits meetings to 40 minutes (or at least this is our experience).  Is this accurate?  Is there a setting I'm not seeing in order to change this?  Any guidance would be helpful.  Thank you in advance 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

There is a difference between Zoom roles and Zoom licenses. 
A licensed user (paid account) will not have a 40 minute limitation regardless of role.

A basic use (free)  can have any role, but will have a 40 minute time limit.

The roles are used to designate who can change the way Zoom works. Owners and admins can modify how Zoom works.

Free users can be admins, but will still have a 40 minute time limit.

Sharing a paid license is against the Zoom terms of use you agreed to when you signed up.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Frank_TB

Hello,

There is a difference between Zoom roles and Zoom licenses. 
A licensed user (paid account) will not have a 40 minute limitation regardless of role.

A basic use (free)  can have any role, but will have a 40 minute time limit.

The roles are used to designate who can change the way Zoom works. Owners and admins can modify how Zoom works.

Free users can be admins, but will still have a 40 minute time limit.

Sharing a paid license is against the Zoom terms of use you agreed to when you signed up.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Thanks Frank!  It sounds like I have to purchase an additional license if we both want to host meetings that will exceed 40 minutes.  Appreciate the clarification between roles & licenses.

Enjoy your day!

Vinnie

Hello @Sandi22 

A 40 minutes limitation comes from the "lack of license" and in that case, it defaults to the "Zoom Basic"

The role determines the level of "Access"  to the Zoom Account Portal:  i.e. Run Reports or no, Manage users or not, Read-Only vs Edit  kind of access, etc. 

The is an Owner, Admin, and other Roles in the system (Owner is the top and supersedes the Admin on certain functions), and none of them controls the capability to use Zoom Services like Phone, Meetings, Webinars, etc.

If you go to the "Zoom Portal > ADMIN > User Management > Users" you should be able to see both users, you and your Director:  Check "User Type" and that will tell you the license is using.

If you both need to have the capabilities of hosting Meetings beyond 40 minutes, you both need a license.

I whish you could recommend using the Delegation so both can schedule Meetings using the same account, but you both need a license for that.

Vinnie

Hi Vinnie!  Thank you for your reply.  Like I mentioned to Frank, it appears that I will have to purchase an additional license for my director.  We never host meetings at the same time, so I was hoping one license could be toggled between us. 

Have a great day!