cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recuring meeting rooms no "no fixed time" option anymore

danielrobinson
Attendee

Hello,  I have often used recurring meetings as a way to meet with people at a non-specific time or date. We both have the link and it is saved in my recurring meetings. But now when trying to make a new one it only seems to allow me to do it if i set a time and date. I used to be able to indicate there is no fixed time or date, but that feature seems to be gone. How do I remove date and time details? Is this feature gone in order to get people to now pay for the additional Zoom Room feature? This is very frustrating as that would mean that Zoom literally downgraded the features on my plan. I am all for adding features to entice me but making the product worse when I already have a paid subscription is not ethical. Please advise and restore faith and respect with Zoom. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

danielrobinson
Attendee

Talked to support with Zoom on this. If you go online for web zoom you can still remove the date and time under recurence. But on app its not an option. Per Zoom support agent "We have a recent bug regarding scheduling a recurring meeting using the application. That is why it was removed for the meantime". They could give no promises about timing for return but the online work around is good. Hopefully they will not remove from online as well. For me I am going to pre-create some meetings. But for you I know that is more challenging since you cant share the url with other patients so they cant overlap. Hopefully the online option helps. 

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37

marykay
Listener

I, too, am VERY frustrated with this new development. As a therapist I have need for multiple recurring, NO FIXED TIME meetings set up. Please restore this function soon! Thanks.

SAME. There must be thousands of frustrated therapists across America right now.

danielrobinson
Attendee

It is very frustrating, if they check these threads, they should please correct this update. It was one of the critical reasons I selected Zoom as a healthcare provider. 

danielrobinson
Attendee

Talked to support with Zoom on this. If you go online for web zoom you can still remove the date and time under recurence. But on app its not an option. Per Zoom support agent "We have a recent bug regarding scheduling a recurring meeting using the application. That is why it was removed for the meantime". They could give no promises about timing for return but the online work around is good. Hopefully they will not remove from online as well. For me I am going to pre-create some meetings. But for you I know that is more challenging since you cant share the url with other patients so they cant overlap. Hopefully the online option helps. 

I am having this same issue and do not see the option to remove the date and time, so I think they must have removed the online option as well. Zoom please fix this ASAP.

This is so frustrating, urgh. When I delete the reoccurrences on the website to be able to make it non-specific, it deletes the entire meeting. 

This does not work for me as I find no way to remove the date and time even on the web site!  This is very aggravating and I may need to move from Zoom for which I am paying monthly!!

Markopolis
Listener

Agreed - please fix this, Zoom.  Ruining my scheduling capabilities.

dsironi
Listener

I have several recurring meetings at no fixed time. They do not appear in my current meetings list. I must look at previous meetings from the past. I'm not seeing how to start one of these recurring meetings. I can edit or delete, but not start (because they are past instances, not ones waiting to be started?) I found that by copying the ID, I could join that meeting with the ID.  This is too complex. I want the recurring meetings with no scheduled times to appear on my list of current meetings to start. I should note, that there was such a meeting that I found in the previous meetings list and somehow started it. Thereafter it has appeared in my current meetings.

CarolineR
Listener

I’ve had the same. As a health care professionals the new way they have scheduled the sessions doesn’t work for me. I hope zoom reinstalls it soon. 
Thank you for sharing info on not using the app to create the meeting, I shall give this a try. 

Caroline,  I later learned that the recurring meetings that I had set up were a year or more ago.  they had expiration dates on them. Those dates were past and, therefore, not in my current list. Once starting one, I could edit and change any expiration date.

jh9999
Attendee

I've just lost the facility for recurring meetings without dates - hence I've found this thread. I can see the first query about it was back on December but it has only happened to me in the last few days.  I regularly set up a recurring link for someone to keep using when they book their first session in my google calendar using youcanbook.me.  They then make more bookings and can just use the same zoom link each time.  I have many that are not a regular pattern.  Zoom seem to be ignoring this issue. Unless it comes back I'll need to move off zoom, where I've been since 2015.

Unbelievable, and it's so difficult to get in touch with ZOOM.  This is affecting my business too! Do they even keep track of these issues?  

ellumine
Listener

Zoom, this is a dealbreaker for me. As a healthcare professional I absolutely must have an easy way to schedule recurring meetings with clients that are not time or date specific and that have no end/expiration date. You "fixed" what wasn't broken and broke it in the process. Please change it back asap!

jh9999
Attendee

Agree - it's a deal breaker for me too.  I've managed to workaround by renaming some old entries but I need it to change back. 

Michaelblpc
Listener

I want to echo both the need for the recurring meeting "no fixed time" option and the incredible frustration of this not being remedied. I, too, am a healthcare professional, and this has been an essential feature for continuity of care with my clients. This feature is one of the reasons that has made Zoom the preferred platform in the healthcare field despite many other platforms being touted as the preferred option in our field - Zoom, if you do read these threads, I hope that you take this feedback to heart and reactivate that feature - the stoner the better - thank you

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

I suggest you submit a ticket with Zoom support so that they see the desire for this. Posting here will not be as effective.

(https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new)  

Regards

jh9999
Attendee

Interesting that someone assumes I might not have told Zoom before I found my way to this community - and I've just done it again - maybe we all need to do it again .....

Uxxnzjxmznzj
Listener

Tdsnaisosmtndsnsjsndnenwjaoxkfrnsisjdnennsisifndnwosj en f ke0kfmreks9smsnwjs9d je ne is 9rjrnejws0jenws

Uxxnzjxmznzj
Listener

maar die wilde e eizo of memejwoskddmemwoskdjws9oddmwmsodkdmwm so doekss

jh9999
Attendee

I did as Frank_TB suggested and contacted Zoom support - again but through the link he gave. After a couple of messages back and forth, they insist they have not changed anything but my recurring meetngs is now working again as it used to. i.e. I go to Home, then Schedule, enter the name and click on Recurring and it no longer shows any dates or times.  At first they told me to do online and I did that, and that had changed also because when I tried there before it still didn't work. So maybe those who want it need to try online and see what happens, and if that works, try not online.  Fingers crossed it doesn't disappear again !!!!

Sylvie22
Listener

April 19, 2023 and I'm having this same issue just now happening. The functionality is gone from my desktop app and the online version. Also not ok with me, as I've used Zoom exclusively for at least 10 years in both personal and professional realms. For my work, this functionality is essential, just as all of you have said about your work. I submitted a ticket, too.

jh9999
Attendee

This is really strange.  I just checked again and I can set them up again like I used to, and like I reported here a few days ago. Online and not online.  So it is weird that I seem to be the only one - even though Zoom told me that that they had not changed anything for my account.

I have had the same - once after it disappeared I saw a way in.  And then it was gone.  I don't know what the point is of a "desktop client" if I have to constantly go the website to look at my "Previous Meetings" to find the "Meet Anytime" recurring meets that I set up months and months ago. 

ellumine
Listener

I updated to the latest version. Went online and made sure my settings were correct. Still not working for me. Have a ticket open with Zoom.

ellumine
Listener

This issue was resolved for a few days and now it is worse than ever. Please, Zoom, all I need is a "no fixed time" option under "recurrence". I am actively researching other options for web conferencing. Especially after Zoom changed the basic monthly fee from free to $16 with no advance warning. That was a poor business move. Way to lose trust with your customers.

jh9999
Attendee

and now it has disappeared for me also - why do they keep doing this.

Has anyone experienced the issue where they can not see the No Fixed Time being an option in the Recurring drop down menu?

MataBrand
Listener

This is a critical feature for using zoom for daily recurring meetings as a therapist, please restore this functionality!

jh9999
Attendee

Agree - this is crazy - they take it away, put it back, take it away again - what on earth is going on.

BethLove
Listener

I just found this problem as well and created a super simple workaround. i made an appointment that meets every day at a certain time, and the desktop app created a "recurring meeting—meets anytime" meeting just as it used to when it offered that option. The meeting seems to work, even though I checked at a time that  wasn't the listed time.

Thanks Beth - I just tried this and it works. So when I start a new client I will enter it this way.  Maybe one day Zoom will listen to us. Julie

Elyse
Listener

Unacceptable that nearly 8 months later this problem isn't solved.  Sorry but DanielRobinson's suspicions are, as far as I'm concerned, being proven again and again every day that this so-called "bug" continues.  It's positively deception when they "hope" to have it fixed. C'mon Zoom - give your paying customers some respect.

ewlcsw
Listener

Same issue and annoying as all get out for a psychotherapist. The work around is okay, but extra work and a time waster. Zoom, fix it soon! 

thoey
Listener

Has anyone experienced the issue where they can not see the No Fixed Time being an option in the Recurring drop down menu?

jh9999
Attendee

This is just crazy that Zoom ignore us. I thought it was solved when I used the workaround that Bethlove suggested - but now lots of entries appear in my meetings list for the same meeting on different days. I guess we all need to move somewhere else. I make appointments so I'm thinking of just going back to Skype which I used before Zoom came along. I am sure I can make that sound good to clients - just like coming to the same consulting room that everyone else comes to but at the specific time for their own appointment.

jh9999
Attendee

I just tried to change names on recurrings that I no longer need so I could use them with new contacts - one changed to 'can reuse' but refused to change again, and the 2nd one just refused to change at all. I'm going to explore Zoho because they are great with my emails.