cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings going directly to trash

MindfulMovemen1
Listener

My Zoom recordings are delivered directly to the trash, not the recording folder.

1) I have checked the settings and confirmed that I have NOT selected that option by mistake. 

2) I am not at my recording limit as Pro allows 5GB and I only have 3500 MB in recordings

3) I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Zoom App from my computer to no avail

4) I have disconnected and reconnected Zoom integration with my teaching platform, heyMarvelous--this did not help

Any ideas?? This just started happening a few weeks ago. All was fine before that.

3 REPLIES 3

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,

Possibly your default folder is changed. Please follow these steps to change the recording folder:

How to view or change the default file location for local recordings

You can find your default recording location for local recordings in your Zoom client settings

1. Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
  2. Click your profile picture then click Settings.
  3. Click 

Recording.
  4. Click one of these options beside Local Recording:
    • Click Open to open the folder where your local recordings are stored.
    • Click Change to change the default recording location for your local recordings.

KB Link: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206277393-Finding-and-viewing-local-recordings

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

willjoe2442
Participant

Find the recording you want to exempt and click the ellipsis icon . Click Disable auto-delete. This, and any other exempt recordings, will display Disabled under the Auto Delete In column.

Regrads,

Diana

Thank you Rachel. Yes in fact it may have been due to a 3rd party app zbackupapp.com, which unbeknownst to me was set to automatically trash zoom recordings after storing it on their app. However this still doesn't explain why some recordings were delivered to my teaching platform while most were not, so I am still keeping an eye on the situation. I also did uninstall and reinstall my Zoom App on my computer as well. So fingers crossed.