cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording time Less than 40 minutes

Zeynepgncr
Listener

The recording time is said to be 40 minutes but the countdown ends in 15 minutes? 

9 REPLIES 9

Zeynepgncr
Listener

And what I have to do to get a chat live support ? 

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Not sure what you mean by “countdown ends in 15 minutes”.  Last I checked, Zoom just boots you out in 40 minutes, without a countdown timer. 

From https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003-Zoom-Technical-Support here’s the options for Basic and Pro accounts:

Ray_Harwood_0-1657408000003.jpeg

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

I will record a video of the countdown timer and download it to youtube for everyone to see it lasts only 15 minutes. I know that because I recorded my newest podcast in two parts each 15 minutes and the meeting closes immediately when the countdown ends. The zoom app starts to warn by a box appears on the left middle  of screen I think before 5 min to the ending and counts down. And total time of meeting is 15 minutes in each. I will attach the youtube link here. 

june18
Listener

That is exactly what is happening to me (I am cut off after about 25 minutes).  I have a free account because I use it to tutor a child long distance.    Have you found a solution to get the entire 40 minutes?  Thanks! 

No I have'nt. Problem still persists. And the support denies this issue. So I plan to put a shame on them by taking a video of the meeting by my phone and download it to youtube to uncover the 40 minutes lie

Everytime I opened the app it said "A new update available" I updated it everytime and it did not work. I mailed the issue to support zendesk several times. Nothing happened. At last I deleted the app completely and downloaded again. It was solved. I dont know it was due to my endless complaints or the deleting but now it works properly for 40 minutes. 

Ray_Harwood

So here’s some information for you: The 40 minute  limit is measured from the time you start your meeting. It does not start when the second person joins. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

I dont record my own voice and the recording time starts when you actually click record to this pc option in the menu. One to one calls does not have a time limit. The limit is for recording the meetings. This info is all in zoom website. 

And fyi there are lots of people suffering from the same problem and zoom support fully aware of it. They just choose to deny. Here is the link proof 

https://devforum.zoom.us/t/meeting-ends-abruptly-in-30-mins/23837/26