cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: When participants join through Web Browser, the quality is poor

gizmowater127
Listener

Hi, 

We do a weekly company webinar on Zoom and noticed that when the participants join the meeting using their Zoom software, the quality is great --- however, if they join through their browser (MS Edge) the quality is poor. 

NOTES

Note1: all the employees use company laptops and desktops loaded with Windows 10 and MS Edge, so other browsers are not an option.

Note2: It's safe to assume the majority of participants are not tech savvy, so the goal here is to get them to join a high-quality Zoom meeting, with the least number of additional steps.

Note3: Many of the employees have a fully licensed copy of Zoom on their laptops, but some don't yet. 

QUESTIONS

Question 1: Is there a way, on the host side, to ensure that when a participant joins a meeting via browser, they will always get the same high-quality audio and HD video as if they were using the software?

Question 2: Is there a way, on the participant side, to ensure that when they join a meeting via browser, they will always get the same high-quality audio and HD video as if they were using the software?

Question 3: With the Invitation link that's sent via email, is there a way to force it to only open their Zoom software without confusing them with an additional option to join the meeting via their browser?

Question 4: (Unrelated - curiosity Questions) - MS Teams claims to have comparable HD quality to Zoom, but never once have I ever experienced a Teams meeting to ever even come close to the quality of Zoom (Software Version), with either Audio or Video. Curious if anyone knows the specific reason as to how Zoom always manages to have better quality audio and Video... Is the audio less compressed, is it sampled at a higher bitrate, is a better encoder etc? My tech team is a big fan of Zoom, but we always have to justify this every quarter, because our parent company has a big account with Microsoft. So would be nice to know the comparison of the tech specs that account for the differences. 

Thank you to all who reply to this. I appreciate you taking the time. Any insight is greatly appreciated. 

0 REPLIES 0