cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REMOVE Alternative Host

MorganLesterDD
Listener

Hi There, 

I really need some help on this. I added a colleague as an alternative host on ONE meeting, but it seems he is now the default alt host on EVERY meeting I create and he receives an email notification. 

Is there a way to remove him permanently as an alt-host? I have tried removing him from all past meetings, and that does not seem to work. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MorganLesterDD
Listener

My Zoom tech support got escalated and I was finally provided a resolution that worked!!

If you are using the Zoom Scheduler plugin for Chrome (google calendar):

1. In a Chrome browser window, on the top right, there should be a blue zoom icon (if not, click the extension puzzle button to view the plugins and you can select "pin" so that the zoom icon appears). 
  2. Select the zoom icon and in the top right-hand corner, there should be a settings gear. Scroll down and the is a field for the alternative host. Clear this field of the person you have been trying to remove and click save!!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Arps
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello!

Do you potentially have a meeting template setup with the co-host on it?  

This will take you to your zoom account template list.
https://zoom.us/meeting#/template/list

Here's a support article about meeting templates.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360036559151-Meeting-templates

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks! Rick

Hey there, thanks for the response! However, it looks like I do not have any meeting templates on Zoom 😕 

Arps

Sorry that wasn't it.  What method are you using to schedule the meetings?

I have the Chrome Zoom Scheduler plugin so I often schedule meetings via google calendar, but the issue also occurs when scheduling directly via zoom using the meeting generator process. It's not an issue if I use my personal meeting room. Unfortunately, google calendar does not seem to allow the personal meeting room option when creating meetings, only the randomly generated room option. 

MorganLesterDD
Listener

My Zoom tech support got escalated and I was finally provided a resolution that worked!!

If you are using the Zoom Scheduler plugin for Chrome (google calendar):

1. In a Chrome browser window, on the top right, there should be a blue zoom icon (if not, click the extension puzzle button to view the plugins and you can select "pin" so that the zoom icon appears). 
  2. Select the zoom icon and in the top right-hand corner, there should be a settings gear. Scroll down and the is a field for the alternative host. Clear this field of the person you have been trying to remove and click save!!

Refchar
Listener

This solved a colleague's issue! Thanks.

lpeterso
Listener

I have this same problem.  In a web browser, I added an alternative host to ONE meeting, and that person is now getting notified for every meeting I schedule.  I'm not using the Google plugin, and I don't have a meeting template.    The settings page doesn't seem to offer a way to get rid of the alternative host.  I can find the meeting where I initially set up the alternative host, but no option there to clear out the alternative host.   

What other options exist for remedying this?

I'm replying to my own post because a colleague at work was able to help me fix the problem.   If none of the above solutions work for you, try the following (in a browser):

Choose Meetings > Previous

Hover over the previous meeting where the alternative host(s) was first established. Click Edit.

Scroll to the very bottom of that meeting.   Next to Options, click "Show".

Click the x to remove the alternative host(s) from the Alternative Hosts field at the bottom.  

Click Save.

Good luck knowing in which meeting the alternative host was established.  I can't help with that.

Thanks so much! I was going crazy trying to figure it out.

That helped.  So I have to go into each meeting to delete.  As much as Zoom is a main every day staple with remoter workers, I hoped it would be EASIER.   Appreciate the teamwork!!!

Thank you! This really should be easier, or an option to apply to an instance or not apply cohost to all meetings using that meeting ID. It does look like once removed it will apply removing to all future meetings using that ID.

Georgiegirl
Listener

Dear experts.... I am having the same problem and am unable to remove the alternative host I setup for a meeting in September.  My colleague keeps receiving the email notifications anytime I set up a new meeting.  I tried one of the suggestions above and removed her from the original meeting where she was an alternative host, but that has made no difference.  The "bug" keeps happening.  I set up my meetings through Outlook if that makes any difference.  I use Edge as a browser as well.  Can someone please assist a very frustrated individual?

schoenle
Listener

I am having the same problem as @Georgiegirl. The meeting happened in November 2022, it was while in my personal meet room I made a colleague a cohost. The meeting does not show up in my past meetings in zoom. I also set-up the meetings through MS outlook and do not use a chrome add-on. Any advice would be appreciated!

DariaT
Listener

I have the same problem however there is no Zoom extension in my browser... (I did press the puzzle icon but there is no zoom and moreover, I only use a desktop version). This solution does not work for me unfortunately