cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor and broken sound quality.

80Kikawobic
Listener

I have recently had problems with the sound quality while using ZOOM.  Previously, I was able to have multiple students and at the same time I could use any type of video simultaneousy without any problem.  Now I have to turn on "share volume" and the video sound quality is awful.  It is broken up and impossible to understand.  Also, when the students try to speak, the sound quality is impossible to understand.  Has ZOOM made some changes to their platform which is causing this very annoying inconvenience?  How can I resolve this issue?

3 REPLIES 3

Jameswalter
Participant

To start troubleshooting, check your audio settings and ensure you're not on mute and your speaker is turned on. Try increasing the volume on your device and on Zoom, and test using earphones or a different device. Make sure Zoom also has permission to access your devices.

Regards,
James

mlcf
Listener

None of these solutions work.  Since the latest Zoom upgrade the sound quality has been horrendous.  I have Windows 10 and cannot upgrade to Windows 11 unless I purchase a new procressor or a completely new computer.  I uninstalled the reinstalled Zoom.  I sound fine to others, but I hear only garbled noises.  I have a free account.  So, there is no setting pulldown menu.  Sound for everything else works perfectly, especially  YouTube.

I have the same problem since the upgrade. Zoom sound tonight was very garbled.  They could not tell what I was saying either. Everything was garbled, muffled, and sounded like we were in a tunnel.  I’m using a MacBook. Other side was HP. Help!