cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placeholder Definition

rlombard
Listener

I recently received an invitation to a Zoom Meeting entitled "Placeholder".

Please tell me what this means?  I'm thinking I have been invited but cannot interact.   Quite puzzled

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

townsendwc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@rlombard 

Good day!

As a general rule, if someone is reserving time on your calendar for a meeting that has yet to be finalized for attendees, subject matter experts, etc, the organizer will likely use the term "Placeholder" to hold that place on your calendar and not lose the free space to other meetings.  I hope this helps to explain the term well for you.

If this has answered your specific question, please mark the question as solved so that others may quickly find the solution if they have a similar question.  If this does not answer your question, please feel free to reach out again.

Bill

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

townsendwc

@rlombard 

Good day!

As a general rule, if someone is reserving time on your calendar for a meeting that has yet to be finalized for attendees, subject matter experts, etc, the organizer will likely use the term "Placeholder" to hold that place on your calendar and not lose the free space to other meetings.  I hope this helps to explain the term well for you.

If this has answered your specific question, please mark the question as solved so that others may quickly find the solution if they have a similar question.  If this does not answer your question, please feel free to reach out again.

Bill

Thank you, Bill.

Perfect answer to my question.  Thanks so much.

Ron