cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinning

GTE-1
Listener

I am in the court reporting business and often get requests to create a video from a Zoom deposition for use in a courtroom at trial.  Recently, I have pinned witnesses so that I only have one person on the video, but when downloading is completed and the video is created, the screen switches between speakers.  Is there a setting that I am overlooking in order to just have one person constantly on the screen?  

Thank you in advance for your input.

Greg

1 REPLY 1

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @GTE-1 

Pinning should get you a steady recording of just one participant, IF you are recording locally. This is because pinning someone's video only affects your view of the recording, and the local recording captures the meeting as you see it. 

If you are recording to the cloud, then spotlighting the witness would ensure they remain as the active speaker. You can also record multiple different video layouts at the same time, whereas local is just your view. This article has more information about cloud recording settings: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360060240972-Managing-cloud-recording-settings

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.