cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Meeting Room. stranger joined. no meeting scheduled.

ShuA
Listener

Incoming email msg at 9pm from no-reply at Zoom .us 

“judyf has joined your Personal Meeting Room”.

There is no meeting scheduled.

I have no known contact judyf.

What could this be?

Should I change the ID to my personal meeting room?

If so, How does one change the ID to personal meeting room?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

A Personal Meeting ID is much like a phone number. Once somebody has it they can call it anytime they wish, even while you're sleeping or in a meeting with somebody else. It does not need to be scheduled.

I personally do not recommend using a PMI for these very reasons. Take the time to schedule a unique meeting, send that to those invites, and things go much smoother.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

View solution in original post

Jameswalter
Participant

A Zoom Personal Meeting Room is a virtual meeting room permanently reserved for you. This Meeting ID for your Personal Meeting Room does not expire and is always accessible so if someone has this Meeting ID, they can join it at anytime to meet you, even without an invitation.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ZoomTestKitchen

A Personal Meeting ID is much like a phone number. Once somebody has it they can call it anytime they wish, even while you're sleeping or in a meeting with somebody else. It does not need to be scheduled.

I personally do not recommend using a PMI for these very reasons. Take the time to schedule a unique meeting, send that to those invites, and things go much smoother.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Jeff, thank you for your reply.

The other day I offered 2 students who were out sick, and one who was out of town, the opportunity to join my classroom seminar via Zoom.  It seems that one of these Lifelong Learning seminar students accessed the Meeting Room at night, probably unintentionally.

I had debated whether to use my Meeting ID or a unique one.  So, I’ve now had the opportunity to learn which to use, with no security breach.  

Thanks for educating me.

— Shu

Jameswalter
Participant

A Zoom Personal Meeting Room is a virtual meeting room permanently reserved for you. This Meeting ID for your Personal Meeting Room does not expire and is always accessible so if someone has this Meeting ID, they can join it at anytime to meet you, even without an invitation.

JAmeswalter, thank you for your reply.

The other day I offered 2 students who were out sick, and one who was out of town, the opportunity to join my classroom seminar via Zoom.  It seems that one of these Lifelong Learning seminar students accessed the Meeting Room at night, probably unintentionally.

I had debated whether to use my Meeting ID or a unique one.  So, I’ve now had the opportunity to learn which to use, with no security breach.  

Thanks for educating me.

— Shu