cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only Authenticated Meeting Participants and Webinar Attendees can Join Meetings and Webinars

MikeGDTE
Listener

This setting is available to Pro account holders but I cannot find the setting for Basic account holders.
The setting is of paramount importance when setting-up the Save Video Order feature in 5.9.0. The setting to enable the Save Video Order is available, but turning it on is pointless if the Authentication cannot be enabled, as Authentication is a prerequisite of using Save Video Order.

Is the Save Video Order feature available to Basic account holders when Hosting a meeting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

First, check that the Save Gallery View switch is enabled on the user's Settings/Meetings (Advanced) page.  If the user's account is part of a group, the Save Gallery View switch must also be set on the Account Settings/Meeting/In Meeting (Advanced) page.

I confirmed this with one of my "Monitor" accounts which are all Basic accounts used to join meetings as attendees.

The Require authentication to join checkbox is on the Add Meeting web page (and on the Zoom desktop app). 

If the user (and if applicable, account) setting is set, once the Require authentication to join is checked, the Allow host to save video order checkbox setting will appear in the Options section (click Show to view).

zoom 3 - Screenshot 2022-01-04 062158.png

NOTE: The Allow host to save video order checkbox is not visible on the Zoom desktop client (as of 5.9.1).  This final checkbox can only be set on the web version.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Ray_Harwood

First, check that the Save Gallery View switch is enabled on the user's Settings/Meetings (Advanced) page.  If the user's account is part of a group, the Save Gallery View switch must also be set on the Account Settings/Meeting/In Meeting (Advanced) page.

I confirmed this with one of my "Monitor" accounts which are all Basic accounts used to join meetings as attendees.

The Require authentication to join checkbox is on the Add Meeting web page (and on the Zoom desktop app). 

If the user (and if applicable, account) setting is set, once the Require authentication to join is checked, the Allow host to save video order checkbox setting will appear in the Options section (click Show to view).

zoom 3 - Screenshot 2022-01-04 062158.png

NOTE: The Allow host to save video order checkbox is not visible on the Zoom desktop client (as of 5.9.1).  This final checkbox can only be set on the web version.

Hi Ray

The Save Gallery View is set on as per image below

MikeGDTE_0-1641304012224.png

You say "The Require authentication to join checkbox is on the Add Meeting web page (and on the Zoom desktop app). "

But where on the Desktop app please?

Sorry if I am being thick but I just don't see where to enable the Authentication.

Regards. Mike

Ray_Harwood

No worries, Mike. Zoom is a moving target - we all have troubles keeping up with the changes!

Anyway, it doesn't help that the desktop app nomenclature is different:

zoom 3 - Screenshot 2022-01-04 065639.png

And as I mentioned previously... checking the Only authenticated users can join on the desktop app will NOT reveal any additional checkbox on the desktop app... you still have to go over to the web interface to check the Allow host to save video order checkbox.  I hope at some point this checkbox will also be present on the desktop app.

Hi again Ray, and many thanks for your continuing help

My Schedule Meeting is shown below and does not feature the settings you indicate:

MikeGDTE_1-1641305315489.png

I am using a Basic account on V5.9.1 (2581)

MikeGDTE_2-1641305380222.png

Ray_Harwood

Zoom settings -- what a deep rabbit hole of options! 😎  Here's what I think is happening:

If you are on a Basic plan that is not part of a "group account", then the Only authenticated users can join checkbox will not be displayed.  This also means you won't be able to check the Allow host to save video order box.  See this Zoom help page on the Allowing only authenticated users feature.

In my case, the Basic accounts that I use (I have 4) are connected to my one paid Pro account as a group.  I wouldn't expect the Only authenticated users can join to appear on the Basic accounts... but it does.  So... it looks like if you have ONE paid Pro account, and can add the other Basic accounts to it as a group, you might be in luck. Might. Sorry... that's probably the best I can do!

Good luck!

Hi Ray

Once again - many thanks

I have now created a group and tracked-down the last remaining setting.

Regards, Mike