cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No audio on recording

Stormy14
Listener

We recorded a zoom meeting and everyone had sound during the meeting but upon playing the recorded meeting there is no audio.  What is causing this issue?

25 REPLIES 25

LizHo
Listener

I am having the same issue too. Can Zoom pls quickly show the steps to solve the issue. thanks

Same here, @LizHo . How were you able to resolve it, or have you?

AdamRayman
Listener

I am having this problem as well. It wasn't an issue for me on mac, but I just switched to a PC and I started experiencing this issue right away after making the switch.

Same for me, Adam Rayman. Were you able to resolve it?

PamS
Listener

Same.

Edward_NZ01
Listener

I have the same issue. A new Dell laptop. Doing 4-5 Zoom sessions per day. There are no problems with sound when live but the recordings have no sound. This is an urgent request for help.

What I've found is Zoom MP4s appear to be different to e.g. Camtasia MP4s. The latter will play sound on my laptop via the Windows 11 default MP4 player 'Films and TV' but not Zoom. Zoom MP4s play through the good old fashioned Windows Media Player. I hope this helps others.

mvitale
Listener

I just had this same issue happen. The audio worked perfectly during the meeting. And, now the recording has no sound.  Wanting to make sure this doesn't happen again and I've been unable to find any solution. Has anyone been able to resolved it? 

Sara94
Listener

I had a similar issue - try installing a browser add-on to play the file - For instance I use Edge and I downloaded Free Music browser extension from the microsoft store(https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/Microsoft-Edge-Extensions-Home)  It worked for me.

YeWiseOne
Listener

I had the same problem.  When I record meetings to the cloud, Zoom automatically converts the file to an MP4 format and there is no sound problem when playing from the cloud.  However, when I record meetings to my local hard drive and then manually convert it to a MP4 file, the video plays with no sound.  When I right click on the file and select "Open With Windows Media Player" it works fine.  It also works with sound when I right click on the file and click on  "View on Dropbox.com".  I also opened it from my Android phone and it played perfectly with sound. This would indicate to me that the problem is not in the file itself, but in the Zoom Player when the MP4 file is played locally.  Could someone from Zoom Support corroborate that this is the problem, and if so, are you fixing the Zoom player?  

HeatherF13
Listener

Has there been any resolution to this issue or is there a recommendation to fix this? I use this for work purposes and it's a real problem. Thanks!

Catjones
Listener

Why is there no answer to this problem yet? I have the same issue.

jenny8
Listener

I had the same issue. Recorded an entire class I taught. Went to listen to it just now. No audio.  There are no new settings. Nothing has changed. This is a recurring class for the last 3 months. How do I resolve?

timr2videeo
Listener

I'm having the same issue. Can hear audio fine with different mics, but no audio when saved locally or in the cloud. Also, unlike some others, I'm getting no audio in Windows Media Player. But, when I upload the file to Dropbox and play it back on my iPhone it's fine, crystal clear audio. 

Would certainly like to see Zoom address this ongoing issue. 

nduffieldhistor
Listener

Has anyone solved this problem or got a reply from Zoom Support by any chance as I keep getting the same prob

lem and other software does not solve it either.

tronkin
Listener

I'm trying to resolve this problem, too. I've used Zoom for years and need to test my audio with a short recording first since I'm doing musician stuff. Every recording for the past several weeks is without audio. I've tried so many things... switching to Widows media player, downloading latest Zoom software, checking mics, making recordings in other software. Still silent local recordings from Zoom. If anyone has figured it out, or if Zoom engineers read this, please share solutions. Thank you! 

I resolved my issue. Maybe this helps someone else. Even though my speakers and mics were set up correctly in Zoom and my sound board to hear meetings and participate, the Windows system choice for speakers was wrong. After fixing the Windows setting, all my silent Zoom recordings became audible.

THIS FIXED IT!!! Here is the solution family. When I go down to my sound icon in windows taskbar, I see that my audio was being played through my external mic. I changed it back to the speakers of my laptop & could hear fine. Ty tronkin 🙏

Windows settings -- SOUND SETTINGS. Select right output device. Then also MANAGE SOUND DEVICES and delete an output device that you don't want (in my case Dell monitor speakers which don't actually exist). So weird everything worked except playing back a zoom webinar recording... now all good.

Tkirade
Listener

Hello! I just ran into this same issue when recording a meeting for work. It would not play any audio when playing back the recording. I tried everything in the settings for Zoom and the Windows Media Player. What ended up working was turning the system audio playback device to be the laptop speakers. Now I am able to hear all of the audio from the recording. For some reason it wouldn't play back on headphones or any other playback device. Hope this helps!

Thank you Tkirade. Really helpful.

It is crazy but I experienced the same on macOS Big Sur! I was using my Focusrite as my output sound and I could not play the audio in the video on Safari and also once downloaded in Quicktime X, now I changed to laptop speakers and it works fine.... I cannot understand really!

THANK YOU!

leahs96
Listener

I am having the same issue, all the audio components are properly selected.  When I record to my computer no issue, But i'm trying to record from cloud so I can save a link to our CRM, and every time

video is recorded with no sound?

maio996
Listener

I was using a Focusrite Clarett 4pre thunderbolt and I had the no audio issue, now I went back to Apogee Element and it works perfectly fine.... so there should be some trick that Apogee manages and many others no...