cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Way to add a "cohost" to a scheduled meeting

nwdsongs
Listener

Hello Zoom Community - I host a zoom meeting account and under "options" it never allows me to add co-hosts. No matter what email I put it - this is the message I get. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 11.01.29 AM.png

3 REPLIES 3

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @nwdsongs 

There is no way to assign a co-host outside of a meeting. That is only something that can be done within a live meeting. 

Assigning someone as alternative-host will likely make them a co-host in the meeting if you still plan on attending, but an alternative host must be a licensed user on your same account. Read more about alternative hosts here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/208220166-Designating-an-alternative-host

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

I have a similar situation where Im unable to add a co-host to a meeting. everyone is on the same account. I can only add a co-host 2 ways. when the meeting has started and that person has joined, (Not optimal) the other way is to create the meeting and then go back into the meeting from the zoom icon (not using the outlook plug-in), select the edit option and them add that person, it then ADDs a duplicate meeting to the calendar. How can I get around all the unneeded back/forth to get something setup? 

Why?!  This used to be an option when scheduling.  We need more than one person who can mangage conversations and monitor the waiting room, Alternative hosts cannot do that.  Please bring back adding a co-host when scheduling a meeting.  I am running around making sure the equipment works and we have all the presentations in the right place, etc.  i don't have time to be checking to see if someone is logged in yet so I can manually add them as a co-host.