cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My zoom is not responding in meetings

lawlietsk
Listener

I enter into a meeting and have no problem for a long time but then the zoom becomes slow and unresponsive and the only solution is to close the app, it's quite annoying. I've been like this for 3 months since it started happening to me,  I have 16 ram i5 3470 so I think the components I don't think are to blame

8 REPLIES 8

david-vola
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Have you tried uninstalling the app or updating to the latest version?

That during some update it has not been blocked and hence it is giving you this type of problem.

Please mark if this solution helped you so that other colleagues can find it!

Yes , I uninstalled the app about 2 times and it didn't fix it.

Lizetteboz
Listener

This has suddenly started occurring for me in the last few days. I updated the app and issue persisted. I uninstalled and installed anew, the problem persisted. I’ve run disk clean up and emptied/cleared every cache and temporary file I could find. The problem persists. Perhaps it’s an issue originating from the zoom side? 

I am having the same issue on my laptop.  Mobile phone app and tower computer work fine.  Did you get a solution?

Thanks,

Emmett

I found that it runs better when I only have zoom open on my machine. As far as an official resolution, I have not found one. It is extremely inconvenient to have to close everything down just to use zoom. Plus, if I have to open an app to get info or screenshare, it can still be a frustrating experience. I have no problem having multiple apps open any other time on my laptop but with zoom, it seems to take too many resources. 

I have the same thing. They had me do a clean wipe and reinstall, which I did. THREE TIMES. No viruses or malware on my laptop.  Cleared cache. cleared history.  Did everything I could on my end. Nothing changed except updates from Zoom.  
Seems like zoom has no idea what is causing this. 

EmmettRedd
Listener

Zoom does not like my USB camera anymore.  At least one other app thinks it is fine.  Zoom works fine with the internal camera on my laptop.

Emmett

While I had tried uninstalling the camera and then plugging it in again, that did not get it working again.

This worked:  I uninstalled the camera, disconnected it, shut down the computer, and started the computer again.

After the computer completed its startup operations (as verified by low usage in Task Manager), I plugged the camera back in.  There was then to problem in operating Zoom.

I hope this helps anyone with a similar problem.  Liking this post might help more people see a potential solution to a similar problem.

Emmett