cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My video shows to others but not to me

linguamasteri
Listener

I'm hosting Zoom meetings via a community plugin on my website which then hosts the meeting in browser. Originally all worked perfectly and when I started a meeting with my video everyone could see everyone. Great!  Now for some reason, when I host a meeting it shows my video as black to me but shows the actual video to other members of the meeting (so they CAN see me at least!).  When I use zoom outside of the community plugin, I am perfectly able to see myself either in browser or in the app.

Does anyone know why this might be happening or how I could fix it?  I'm baffled! 

Motivational, Confidence-Building Language Learning
5 REPLIES 5

bdelossantos
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @linguamasteri,

Thank you for sharing this with the Community. I had a similar experience where the camera plugin was not being recognized and was returning with just a "gray/blank" view.

Evidently, I found the culprit to be the browser date that messed up the plugin. With my troubleshooting, I had to uninstall and reinstall everything from Browser, to Plugin, then Zoom just to make sure everything was on a clean slate.

Please click "Accept Solution" if this method helps you. Good luck!

"Challenges help us grow, try and learn new things, welcome constructive feedback, embrace uncertainty, and always assume the best intentions, especially with our teammates." - from a respected leader

linguamasteri
Listener

@bdelossantosThank you SO much for your reply.  It definitely sounds promising because I'm getting the same black screen you describe. I just wanted to clarify a few things before trying this.  So I uninstall the zoom client that I downloaded from the zoom website, uninstall the plugin from my website, uninstall the browser (chrome in my case but it also happens in other browsers so I can do the same with them too), restart then reinstall chrome, add the plugin back onto my website and then reinstall the zoom client?

bdelossantos

Hi,

In my case, the order was: Browser 1st, Plugin 2nd, and Zoom last (only if 1st and 2nd doesn't fix it already).

"Challenges help us grow, try and learn new things, welcome constructive feedback, embrace uncertainty, and always assume the best intentions, especially with our teammates." - from a respected leader

The_WebiNerd
Attendee

I'd start by uninstalling Zoom and deleting all (software files if you're on a Mac). There have been a ton of releases lately from Zoom and several of our team have had to completely remove the software and reinstall from https://zoom.us/download. One team member had the blank camera issue, I had a gray field covering all of screen sharing. Rip and replace. Zoom is probably the easiest app on your list of potential culprits so start there. Remember to adjust your settings on the Zoom app after you reinstall. 

***Helping individuals and organizations gain success in their virtual and hybrid events. https://thewebinerd.com***

linguamasteri
Listener

@The_WebiNerd @bdelossantos Thank you so much for your replied. Unfortunately, I've given that a go but it doesn't seem to have helped.  I'm on Windows.  In fact now, I'm experiencing the same issue on a different device which I wasn't before.  I have a chomebook and another windows laptop and I WAS able to see my own window using those the other day but now the other windows device is having the same issue as my own.  The Chromebook is fine but it can't really cope with the meeting and makes everything laggy so not a solution sadly.