cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi speaker view

TheMyth
Listener

I recently updated Zoom (on a Macbook pro) and have tested the multi speaker view function which initially looked great with 2 speakers at the top of the screen in a large window (this is adjustable which is also really good) and other participants at the bottom, so everyone can see everyone else. But for some reason the number of speakers above the line keeps changing from 2 to 3 and somethimes 4 even though only one person was talking. Is there a way to lock the top half of the screen to only show the active speaker or maybe 2 speakers. I know I can select 'active speaker' view only, but it's a much better layout and more interactive with the new multi speaker view if there was to option to limit the 'above the line' speakers to 1 or 2. And a final thing is that the speaker can't see themselves promoted to the active speaker at the top half of the screen, so when I speak my window stays down the bottom in the group of non speakers which looks a bit strange in the recording.

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @TheMyth.

This is a very new feature with very little documentation; this has the only paragraph I know of:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0063672#h_918971138131431713211639... 

A little experimentation by the Zoom Test Kitchen shows that there seems to be some sort of timeout computation before moving a participant out of the upper space. My thought is that you – the speaker — don’t really need to see yourself close-up, that this upper group is designed to allow you to better see facial expressions and body language of others.

Also note that this view may vary among all attendees. It is generally the same for everyone that goes into Multi-View at the same time, but for someone that launches Multi-View later, it starts with active speakers, adding and subtracting add it goes — there of no coordinated presentation among all Multi-View viewers.

But that’s just my opinion so far!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !