cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing recording

kcmurray23
Listener

I recorded a meeting yesterday. After the meeting, I got a message that the meeting needed to be...I can't remember...updated...transferred...some process. That looong process started and at 27%, I got a quick message about "locked" and then the screen went blank. I needed to reboot and then there was no sign of the recording in my Zoom account. Where did it go?

1 REPLY 1

MicahHoffman
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello! 

This sounds like the local recording conversion which puts the video files into a viewable file format: 

1. Once the conversion process is complete, the folder containing the recording files will open.
    Note: By default, the recording files are formatted a certain way. The audio/video file (MP4) will be named video[random number].mp4. The audio only file (M4A) is named audio[random number].m4a.

Note: 

• If the meeting unexpectedly shuts down or if the conversion process is interrupted, the recording files could become corrupted and non-recoverable. Restarting or shutting down your computer, putting the hard disk to sleep, or closing your laptop will interrupt the conversion process.
  • If the conversion process is not successful after the meeting has ended, you can try to manually convert the recording

How to manually convert your local recording

For versions 4.6.10 or higher, you can't convert local recording files by double-clicking the Zoom files. You must follow the steps below to manually convert the files:

1. Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
  2. Click the Meetings tab.
  3. Click the Recorded tab.
  4. Select the meeting topic with the local recording.
  5. Click Convert.

You can troubleshoot this process by following this article:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362753 

For example:

• You may have low "disk space" on your computer at that time. [Error Code 614]
  • Check your "Disk space" and try and free up some space if it is low.

Happy Zooming!

-Micah