cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microphone fades out shortly after joining zoom meeting

dg9
Listener

Hello,

Recently, when I join a zoom meeting with my wired headset, the microphone will cut out shortly (3-5minutes) into the meeting and no one can hear me. I then have to call into the meeting.

I tried joining the meeting using my laptop microphone to test, and that did not fade away.

I do not experience the same issue in Microsoft Teams.

Using the latest version of Zoom. No errors show up. Windows says the only app using my microphone is Zoom when the fade away happens.

Any thoughts?

6 REPLIES 6

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @dg9 would suggest going into your Zoom client settings --> Audio, under Microphone configuring the following settings: 

Let's try checking "Automatically adjusting your microphone volume", under Audio Profile select 'Zoom optimized Audio', and set the 'background noise suppression' to low. 

Screenshot 2023-04-20 at 4.47.42 PM.png

Did you use similar settings? Just wondering if there's a chance your input was set to auto and the background noise suppression was too strong. The auto-set background noise suppression and mic inputs can occasionally be affected by how close your microphone is to you or how loudly you speak.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Wenn ich auf Einstellungen gehe bei Zoom ist nirgendwo der Button Audio zu finden. Wo finde ich ihn um endlich auch mit einem externen Mikrofone arbeiten zu können? Denn dies ist bisher mit Zoom nicht möglich. 

dg9
Listener

Hey RN,

I just tested the using the same settings and no change unfortunately.

Michael_Inizio
Listener

Have you tried going into Zoom -> Settings -> Audio -> Advanced -> "Signal processing by Windows audio device drivers" and setting it to "Off (Windows - Raw)".
This helped a few of our users with this issue.

Hey @IT_guy_JO were you able to configure the settings that @Michael_Inizio suggested? Suggest playing around with the 'Signal processing by Windows audio device drivers' to see if there is a difference in your experience. 

Secondly, I did reply to this discussion Failed To Detect Your Microphone And Speaker Every Time I Join A Meeting where there was a troubleshooting use case, I recommended checking your device's sounds for playback and recording. That being said, I would monitor both Zoom and Windows Sound settings during the meeting to see if Zoom is turning down the input or if it is set to the Windows level based on the input meter levels.

Windows also offers Audio suppression that i would doublecheck to see if enabled, that you maybe need to disable. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

IT_guy_JO
Listener

Have a user that is having this exact issue. It happened a couple months ago and after adjusting the zoom settings others have suggested he no longer had the issue. Yesterday the issue happened again. When I get connected to his laptop I’ll try updating and checking these settings again but curious what you’ve found. Thanks!