cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting window disappears

triplemaya
Listener

I set up a test meeting. Go through accept camera and mic etc. At this point I can see the display of the camera in the screen. Click ok. The screen disappears and the zoom control window appears - small oblong window with four large square icons. There is no way to reopen the window so I cannot join the meeting.

Using Ubuntu MATE 20.04 on HP Elitebook 840 G1

The chat bot has no idea what I am talking about!

I have also posted this in the developer forum in case it is too much of a technical issue for this context.

7 REPLIES 7

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @triplemaya 

Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing? I'm not sure I follow your description. 

Unless you are developing an app or integration, I doubt the DevForum will be much help. 

Hi Bort. Thanks. This is the windows that appears. The window that disappears is the meeting window where my video output is shown.

Bort

Hi @triplemaya 

So that is the standard home screen of the desktop client when not in a meeting. Seems that the meeting you are launching is crashing, which is kicking you back to the Home tab of the app. I'd suggest a reinstall to see if that helps. 

Hello triplemaya,

try dragging the floating zoom Sharing box onto the other screen.

The box should then stay there, so that the next time you share the 2nd display the floating box wont make the media that your trying to share dissapear.

I hope this is all it was.

My zoom had stopped doing this,  until recently (in the last few weeks) it started again.

Starting zoom after every other program that is wanted to run seems to work, so far.

Zoom seems to be taking priority, and so when you click on anything in zoom, even the controls, the other apps minimise from the screen.

I'm not sure if this is the same issue being described. 

@triplemaya Did you ever find a solution to this?  I just started experiencing this same behavior this morning.

pablotortorella
Listener

I have the same problem here. Ubuntu 23.04 😞