cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting id for call in attendees to zoom meeting

CalRose
Listener

We host regular member meetings for our society and have a few members that do not have email or a computer so they need to dial in.

getting the unique meeting id to them before the meeting is problematic.  I am trying to understand the personal meeting id documentation and it seems that if I enable and set one then every meeting we hold after that will have the same meeting id.  Is that correct?

if so, that would make it easier as I could get them the instructions once and then they could just connect.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobF
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @CalRose 
You are correct, if a meeting is scheduled to use a Personal Meeting ID rather than a random meeting ID, it will use that same meeting ID for each meeting in the series.
When using PMI for public events, please ensure you are familiar with the host tools so as to be able to manage participants if someone gets unruly.
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362603-Host-and-co-host-controls-in-a-meeting

If my reply to your question resolved it for you, please click on "Accept as Solution" where my reply shows. This way, community member with the same question will know how to resolve it, and additional member won't spend time trying to respond to your request.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RobF

Hi @CalRose 
You are correct, if a meeting is scheduled to use a Personal Meeting ID rather than a random meeting ID, it will use that same meeting ID for each meeting in the series.
When using PMI for public events, please ensure you are familiar with the host tools so as to be able to manage participants if someone gets unruly.
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362603-Host-and-co-host-controls-in-a-meeting

If my reply to your question resolved it for you, please click on "Accept as Solution" where my reply shows. This way, community member with the same question will know how to resolve it, and additional member won't spend time trying to respond to your request.