cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting hacked

BuddhistVihara
Listener

Our meeting was hacked recently by an intruder with obscene utterances. The intruder when deleted returned under a different name several times and the meeting had to be terminated. He used IDs which looked legitimate.

Is it possible that intruder has hacked into  legitimate partipants  or used  multiple accounts which he has set up?

Please advice what action to implement if occurs in future

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GolemTechWiz
Listener

It is likely that the intruder has obtained an email list. It is pretty easy to do. I recommend having a dedicated moderator / admin. Then use a waiting room. After I had intrusion, I got inventive. For a couple weeks, I added a breakout room and put the users inside of it. Then I could see the potential intruder before adding them to the breakout room.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GolemTechWiz
Listener

It is likely that the intruder has obtained an email list. It is pretty easy to do. I recommend having a dedicated moderator / admin. Then use a waiting room. After I had intrusion, I got inventive. For a couple weeks, I added a breakout room and put the users inside of it. Then I could see the potential intruder before adding them to the breakout room.

Thank you for providing tips. I had the same problem with intruders last Sunday.  The link goes to 600 people and I don't know them all, so I can't identify the intruders before they come in.  Although I had a pro account with licence and sent a "ticket" for support, I did not receive an answer from Zoom. 

BuddhistVihara
Listener

We will have a go

Thanks