cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting Time Limit Confusion

RKW-Seattle
Listener

The Zoom FAQ indicates that as a paid meeting subscriber I can host a meeting up to 30 hours, way past my needs. I need to host a meeting that lasts 6-7 hours and to which intermittent attendees may attend. The 2nd info posted in FAQs contradicts the first, indicating that if the meeting has no participation for a period of time, it will be ended. This is what the FAQ says. Can someone explain the difference between these two scenarios?

Thank you! Richard

Meeting ends after 30 hours (active or idle)

• 1 host, no participant
  • 1 host, any number of participants
  • 0 host, any number of participants (join before host)

Meeting ends after 40 minutes (active or idle)

• 1 host and 1 or more participants joined. Only one person remains in the meeting. The meeting will end 40 minutes later if no one else joins. 

Note: The meeting durations for paid users only apply to users assigned a paid license or using Webinar licenses (for webinars, panelists are treated the same as participants, however, attendees do not affect time duration). Users with basic (free) licenses on Pro, Business, or Education accounts are limited to the free license meeting durations. However, if a Basic user schedules a meeting and starts that meeting from a paid Zoom Room on the same account, the meeting will not end after 40 minutes, despite the number of participants. If the Zoom Room is a free trial, the meeting will still time out.

7 REPLIES 7

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @RKW-Seattle 

My interpretation of the second point is:

A meeting started by a Host, that has had at least one participant join, will timeout after 40 minutes if left with only one person remaining (even the host).

So if I'm understanding this correctly.  Zoom will not limit (up to 30 hours) my meeting time UNLESS only the host or the host and 1 participant are left in the room - from that time forward a limit of 40 minutes is in place.  Am I close?  My meetings are  between 60 and 90 minutes.  I expect that after 30 hours are used, I'll be asked to renew my subscription, yes?

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @DianS.

Sorry, but I think you have misinterpreted how it works. I’ll explain further, and hopefully that will clear it up for you. 

There are essentially 2 kinds of “personal Zoom accounts.”  

One is a free Basic Account, which is at all times limits hosted meetings to 40 minutes per meeting, and subject to a 10 minute wait before initiating a new meeting. 

The other is a paid Pro account – typically $15.99USD/month, with discounts available for annual payment.  A Pro account Meeting is limited to 30 hours in duration – I don’t know of anyone that has 30-hour long meetings!  There is no limit to the number of meetings or the total number of minutes per month.

Both plans are limited to one simultaneous meeting at a time. You can’t start one meeting on one device, and then also start another meeting in another device — without closing the first meeting.  And all Zoom plans allow the user to attend meetings of any length. 

Let me know if you have any questions

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

So my meetings are generally 60-90 minutes.  How do I get this with Zoom?  The old free basic allowed it.  Yikes!  Thanks, Re: Upgraded Payment not reflecting in the time limit for the meeting 

Ray_Harwood

@DianS, limits on Basic accounts have changed over time. All Basic-hosted Meetings are now limited to 40 minutes. To conduct meetings longer in duration, upgrade to a Licensed paid Pro account. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Thanks, Ray - Yes, I have upgaded to a licensed paid Pro account but I don't think it has clicked into my account on line yet ... have opened a ticket with support as I do need to be confident my meetings will not be limited to 40 minutes.  You've been very helpful - thanks!

Aciento
Listener

I paid for Pro subscription but zoom limit me to 40 minutes, any help?