cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make an invitee the controller before the scheduled meeting

Clerk1
Listener

Hello,

I want to schedule a meeting but won't be present.  Can I schedule it and assign an invitee to be the controller, host etc.?

1 REPLY 1

alena_zlc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Clerk1 

Yes you can designate another Licensed user on the same account to be the alternative host. The alternate host you set will receive an email with a link to start the meeting without you present. 

To do this, please follow these steps: 

1. Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.

2. On the Meetings  tab, click Schedule and the scheduler window will open.

3. Click to expand Advanced Options.

4. In the Alternative hosts field, enter the alternative name to search through users. You can also enter the alternative host's email address if their name doesn't come up.

5. (Optional) Select the check box to enable Allow alternative hosts to add or edit polls. This feature requires Zoom version 5.8.0 or higher.

6. Click Schedule to finish, and open up the calendar you have selected.

The alternative host will now receive an email letting them know that they have been added as an alternative host, as long as they have not disabled this email notification in the Zoom web portal. 

I recommend reviewing the Designating an alternative host support article to best understand how to set up your alternative host adequately for your meeting. I hope this helps!