cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macbook is blocked by Zoom ? Cant open Zoom on macbook but everything works on iPhone

Khazaka
Listener

Hello everybody,

so the issue is the following:

With my macbook i cant enter zoom anymore, it says its a network error but I tried everything

I tried connecting to my phones hotspot, to the wifi and to a VPN -> All 3 did lead to the same issue

I cant join a meeting or zoom in general

then i tried it again with my iphone, same Apple ID, same Zoom account -> Everything works perfectly fine, it worked from the wifi, the VPN and the mobile data

So i think somehow my macbook air got blacklisted or smth? 

i tried uninstalling and just everything, i need it tmrw for my work since i have appointments all day long

i have been using zoom for almost 3 years without any issues...

the error i get in german is:

Es konnte keine Verbindung hergestellt werden

Überprüfen Sie, ob Sie mit einem sicheren Netzwerk verbunden sind, das nicht von einer Firewall oder einem Proxy gesperrt wird.

it basically says: a connection could not be build up. Please check if you are connectet with a safe network, that is not blocked by a firewall or a proxy

I checked all those multiple times...

Thanks for your help!

Simon

2 REPLIES 2

Oskar3
Listener

I have the same problem today with my Mac Studio. I was using Zoom fine yesterday. Today it won't work at all. I pay for Zoom so this seems super odd and random. I didn't do anything to my computer. No VPN and no Firewall.

corestatic
Listener

How I fixed this esact same issue: click on "log-in" and switch to the Government Server and back to the normal one. Somehow it tried to connect to the chinese zoom server, so it didn't work.