cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Sonoma 14.0. Microphone not working.

Rob111
Listener

Just got a new Mac Book pro with a M2 Pro chip.  Running Sonoma 14.0

I cannot get the Microphone to work.   The Mic works when tested in the macOS setting.   Tried the both the Mic in the computer and a plug in mic.   They work in other programs like Skype.

I have chatted with Apple, No help.  I have checked all the setting.  I have given Zoom every permission.   I have un-installed and re-installed several times.

The Camera works fine.   Any idea what is going on here?

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12

Traci3si
Listener

My whole computer was not recognizing my mic yesterday and Zoom was not letting me hear the participants.  To fix the mic I had restart my computer.  But to fix hearing the participants I had to go under the settings in Zoom.  Click on Audio then select Test the speakers then select different speakers. I didn't even recognize the ones selected.  Maybe this might work for you with the  microphone.

ColorKat
Listener

I had the exact same problem as @Rob111. So infuriating.  I have also tried almost every troubleshoot that you did with no luck. 

marcovolant
Listener

Same problem here, like Rob111.

I have a MacBook Pro 2019 (intel) it used to work perfectly until recently. And I've tried everything.

The only thing that I'm thinking is the new Mac OS update: Sonoma 14.0.

Hope in the new zoom update :))

Thanks
Marco

Tieske
Listener

I have the same issue. My participants can not hear me, although my camera and microphone are working correctly during testing. This problem arises when updated to Sonoma. 

As a work around I now use my iPhone to send and receive the sound part, but this is not favourable/professional.

PS; where can inform Zoom of this problem, make a complaint? I am paying for this subscription and thought that ZOOM was better than TEAMS. I am starting to doubt this.

ColorKat
Listener

I was able to work around by using ZOOM via BROWSER and NOT the app / zoom assistant. Not ideal and hope they provide an update too accomdate the latest IOS sooner than later 😑

Which Browser are you using?   This is one of the things we tried when I was talking with Apple.  But could not get it working.

Tieske
Listener

Thanks, I am going to try this out, and if it works I can live with not using the app while waiting for the update. 

tattoospick
Listener

It sounds like you've taken all the necessary steps to troubleshoot the issue. Given that the microphone functions properly in other applications such as Skype, the problem seems to be isolated to Zoom. This suggests that there might be an underlying software conflict or compatibility issue specific to Zoom.

Considering the efforts you've already made, it might be worth delving deeper into the specific configuration settings within Zoom itself. Make sure to verify that the correct microphone is selected within the Zoom audio settings. Additionally, it's crucial to check whether there are any conflicting audio settings that might be inhibiting the microphone from functioning as expected within Zoom.

If the issue persists, you could try reaching out to Zoom's support team directly. They might have encountered similar cases and could provide a tailored solution or workaround. It's essential to provide them with as much detailed information as possible, including the macOS version, the specific MacBook Pro model with the M2 Pro chip, and the Sonoma 14.0 operating system.

Furthermore, if you're open to exploring alternative communication platforms, you might consider testing the microphone with other software that supports video calls, such as FaceTime or Google Meet. This can help determine if the problem is solely related to Zoom or if it's a more widespread issue on your MacBook Pro.

In the meantime, while addressing the technical glitch, perhaps consider adding some creativity to your setup. Maybe adorn your workspace with the elegance of a monarch butterfly tattoo to bring an artistic touch and a sense of inspiration to your troubleshooting endeavors.

tattoospick
Listener

The same issue happened to me when I met with my client, when I Show the Monarch butterfly tattoo , the page was not showing in the client's Device.

RichardBJ
Listener

Same, here. For me it is coincident with upgrade to Sonoma. I did this last week and I noticed the loss of audio last week too. I am suspicious it is something to do with the continuity microphone. Of course I can’t be sure but it seemed that when my meeting started I got an offer of using my iPhone and from that point I can’t get it to work. I am hoping an external microphone will serve this for me. 

D_One
Listener

Same here. When Zoom triggers the pop up to "Allow Microphone and Camera" and opens macOS Sonoma system settings, the app does not show up in the list, therefore I can't grant permission. 

gdeskin
Listener

I also just recently upgraded my M2 MBPro to Sonoma and now have issues with Zoom popping up an error message saying it's unable to detect the microphone.  Using a USB microphone.  To resolve I have to switch to the camera mic, or builtin mic, or issue "sudu killall coreaudiod" in terminal to reset audio.  I can then switch back to the USB mic until it randomly has the error again.