cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSI Laptop Video Camera Issue

Jay2917
Listener

Ok this is really getting on my nerves since it hasn't been fixed since I've owned my brand-new laptop for a few months now. The last update I noticed there were a number of specific MSI tweaks and bug fixes. My issue is that at any random time if my video is off during a meeting (even after being on) and I want to turn it back on, I will get a "Failed to start video camera" error. It is seemingly sporadic, and I have checked and checked again that ALL my drivers are up to date. I've even sent it in to Best Buy to get all the internals and video card checked and tuned from the inside out. Zoom is updated, OS is up to date all the time. Yes, I have toggled my FN + F5 which is my built-in camera on and off switch. I have a decent USB-A webcam that works great when plugged in and works with ANY other app. It's just Zoom. Both of my cameras, despite the on and off toggle will suddenly quit responding. The ONLY way I've found to reset it without leaving my important meetings for a reset is to switch the live meeting to my phone, reset the app on my laptop, and switch back again. Not cool guys. I need this fixed ASAP as video is a very important aspect of the meetings I attend. If y'all have any suggestions on this thread, I could use them. Otherwise, I'm also posting this as an official issue report with HQ.

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Jay2917, I see you have a ticket open with our Tech Support team, as they will get this resolved for you! I would suggest continuing to get support on your open ticket.

Sounds like you've exhausted the basics, but do you mind double-checking your permissions? 

• Tap Applications or Apps.
  • Tap Zoom.
  • Tap Permissions.
  • If it does not list access to take pictures and videos or Camera, tap the option and change the permission from Deny to Allow.

Looking forward to your response! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!