cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEETING DIDN'T SEEM TO RECORD

ZoomUser124
Listener

Here's what happened.

1. I started a meeting. Hit Record. Guest confirmed/approved recording.

2. Realized I was still set to Gallery Mode so I ended the recording. Re-set to Speaker and started again.

3. The other User confirmed the recording again.

4. Post-meeting (39 minutes later) only the first bit of the meeting (the incorrect Gallery View portion) is available. I have no idea what I did wrong.

I've searched for the file. Nothing. It's not in the folder. It's nowhere.

I've researched a long while and can't find any info that's simply explained.

If I started a meeting, hit Record, then stopped Recording and started again, does that make the second recording not save?

The same thing has happened twice on two different dates.

Is there any way at all to find a meeting you recorded that isn't showing up anywhere?

Even after a restart?

Thanks so much for any info you can share.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @ZoomUser124 

Based on what you mentioned, It seems you are recording to your desktop and not the cloud. You should find different instances of the recording since you stopped and started recording again. Look Under the same local folder for the same meeting subject name but different time. For example

sachinzoom_0-1682454979523.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

sachinzoom

Hi @ZoomUser124 

Based on what you mentioned, It seems you are recording to your desktop and not the cloud. You should find different instances of the recording since you stopped and started recording again. Look Under the same local folder for the same meeting subject name but different time. For example

sachinzoom_0-1682454979523.png

FOUND IT! Thanks so very, very much! I'm not a Genius (don't worry, I have several people who agree) but your solution worked. It turns out Converting each one did lead to a different video. Thanks so much!

sachinzoom

@ZoomUser124 

Very glad to hear. Have a good day

Hello. I recorded a zoom meeting yesterday locally and like the above i got confirmation of the recording (the vocal prompt and the recording in top left) I had to leave after i froze and came back and repeated the record process.  Both times i was told there was an error in converting and i could still convert, which is did-but i did not convert in whole.  I have both the meeting recording folder, but the video is super shot (3 mins for the first 20 mins and like 3 seconds for the other. When i do the double click to convert nothing happens and i followed the process to open the bin folder and open the zTscoder.exe and nothing.  Via the Zoom client they only play the short lengths. Are these recording gone?

Hi there,  I recorded a meeting to the cloud but when I go to the meeting recording in my recordings it says 'no recording' though it shows that there was an attempts to make a recording......... so I have nothing to send to my client which is very annoying.  Can you please advise as I really don't want this to happen again.  Many thanks, Leah

Hi there,  I recorded a meeting to the cloud but when I go to the meeting recording in my recordings it says 'no recording' though it shows that there was an attempts to make a recording......... so I have nothing to send to my client which is very annoying.  Can you please advise as I really don't want this to happen again.  Many thanks, Leah

Hi there,  I recorded a meeting to the cloud but when I go to the meeting recording in my recordings it says 'no recording' though it shows that there was an attempts to make a recording......... so I have nothing to send to my client which is very annoying.  Can you please advise as I really don't want this to happen again. 

Many thanks, Leah

ZoomUser124
Listener

I did save to my local. But the folder only has one file in it. The short one. The Full 38 min. recording is nowhere. And I KNOW I recorded it. I tried converting all three of the files here and each one is the same short one (Take 1 before Cam setting was changed.)

ringleret88
Listener

Hello. I recorded a zoom meeting yesterday locally and like the above i got confirmation of the recording (the vocal prompt and the recording in top left) I had to leave after i froze and came back and repeated the record process.  Both times i was told there was an error in converting and i could still convert, which is did-but i did not convert in whole.  I have both the meeting recording folder, but the video is super shot (3 mins for the first 20 mins and like 3 seconds for the other. When i do the double click to convert nothing happens and i followed the process to open the bin folder and open the zTscoder.exe and nothing.  Via the Zoom client they only play the short lengths. Are these recording gone?