cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locating a meeting recorded by a host

ABarr67
Listener

Hi Community, 

I was unable to attend a meeting a couple of weeks ago and the host recorded the meeting for me to view in the future.  How do I find this recording? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

alena_zlc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @ABarr67 

The process will depend on if it is a local or cloud recording. It sounds like it may be a local recording in this case. If this is true and they are unable to email the file, they can try and upload the file to a cloud storage or video streaming service, such as Google Drive, and simply share the file with you directly from Google Drive or providing you with a link to the file. 

You can ask the host if it was a cloud recording, and if so, they can follow these steps below: 

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Recordings.
  3. You will see a list of cloud recordings that you started and have finished processing.
  4. Click Share and copy the sharable link and passcode (if applicable).

Here are some helpful support articles on how to share recordings if you need more information. 

Managing and Sharing Cloud Recordings

Sharing a local recording

I hope this helps!! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

alena_zlc

Hi @ABarr67 

You will have to get the recording from the host directly. The meeting host or owner/admin from their account are the only ones that have the necessary permissions to access and share that recording. 

Thank you, what specifically do I ask the host to send? She’s tried to email the recorded meeting but the file was too large.  She’s unfamiliar with this process as am I. Many thanks

alena_zlc

Hi @ABarr67 

The process will depend on if it is a local or cloud recording. It sounds like it may be a local recording in this case. If this is true and they are unable to email the file, they can try and upload the file to a cloud storage or video streaming service, such as Google Drive, and simply share the file with you directly from Google Drive or providing you with a link to the file. 

You can ask the host if it was a cloud recording, and if so, they can follow these steps below: 

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Recordings.
  3. You will see a list of cloud recordings that you started and have finished processing.
  4. Click Share and copy the sharable link and passcode (if applicable).

Here are some helpful support articles on how to share recordings if you need more information. 

Managing and Sharing Cloud Recordings

Sharing a local recording

I hope this helps!! 

ABarr67
Listener

Hi @alena_zlc 

Thank you- that's really helpful.  

Kind regards

Andrea