cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live captioning

Kirsty83
Listener

When hosting a meeting, I used to be able to activate captions then hide them just for me.  Now it seems that once I put them on, the attendees have the option to enable or disable them for themselves but I can't.  If I disable it, it turns it off for everyone.  Does anyone know if I can do this as I find it very distracting when presenting but know the benefit it can be for those who need it.  I can't believe Zoom would take away the option to do this so assume I am missing something.  Any help would be much appreciated.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

Click on the button, not the up-arrow. This will "Show" or "Hide" you captions.

Captions are enabled by default is set appropriately in the Zoom Portal Settings. This way it makes it simple for audience members to turn them on/off on their computers.

You can click on the Up-Arrow to select "Disable" which will disable captions for the entire audience.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ZoomTestKitchen

Click on the button, not the up-arrow. This will "Show" or "Hide" you captions.

Captions are enabled by default is set appropriately in the Zoom Portal Settings. This way it makes it simple for audience members to turn them on/off on their computers.

You can click on the Up-Arrow to select "Disable" which will disable captions for the entire audience.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Thank you so much.  As simple as that!!  All practiced and sorted. 😄