cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Google calendar

frankgold
Listener

I just updated the Zoom app, and now it does not automatically offer to generate a calendar invitation as before.  Previously, it opened my Google calendar in my browser and let me send invitations to participants when I scheduled a meeting.  Now it tried to open Microsoft Outlook, which I do not use.  How can I make Google Calendar work with Zoom again?  

3 REPLIES 3

Peter_Uy
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @frankgold,

Thank you for utilizing Zoom Community for your product and feature-related questions and concerns.

Here's the article how you can make Google Calendar work with Zoom again.

Using the Zoom for Google Workspace add-on

Last Updated: September 16, 2022

With the Zoom for Google Workspace add-on, you can seamlessly schedule, join, and manage meetings directly from Gmail or Google Calendar. Your scheduler settings are synced from the Zoom web portal. After installing the add-on, you can use it in the desktop web browser (Gmail or Google Calendar) or mobile device (Google Calendar app). For further integration with Google Calendar, set up contacts and calendar integration.

If you have a Zoom Phone license, you can also make Zoom Phone calls from either your calendar or email workspace. Learn more about using Zoom Phone with the Google Workspace add-on.

For advanced meeting scheduling, we recommend you use the Zoom Scheduler extension for Chrome.

Note: On November 16, 2020, Google enabled Google Meet as default for meetings when more than one video conferencing provider is enabled. If you have Google Meet enabled in addition to Zoom, learn how to change this default.

This article covers:

Prerequisites for installing and using Zoom for Google Workspace

How to install the Zoom for Google Workspace add-on

Install the Zoom for Google Workspace add-on for all users (Google Admin)

If you are a Google Workspace admin and would like to install Zoom for Google Workspace for all users, please follow the instructions below:

1. Sign in to your Google Workspace account as an admin.
  2. Navigate to the Google Workspace Marketplace and search for Zoom.
  3. Click the Zoom for Google Workspace add-on.
  4. Click Install, then click Continue.
  5. Review the terms of service, specify if you want to make the app available to your whole domain or to a specific team or department, select the agreement box, and click Accept.

If you manage your organization's Google account and have access to the Google Admin console, follow these resources from Google to install Zoom for Google Workspace for your users. 

Install the Zoom for Google Workspace add-on for your own use

If you have a personal Google account, you can install the add-on for your own use.

1. Sign in to your Google account.
  2. Navigate to the Google Workspace Marketplace and search for Zoom.
  3. Click the Zoom for Google Workspace add-on.
  4. Click Install, then click Continue.
  5. Review the terms of service and click Accept.

How to enable or disable the automatic adding of video calls to Google Calendar events

Once the Zoom for Google Workspace add-on is installed, adding an event to Google Calendar will automatically add a Zoom Meeting if a guest is added. To enable or disable this feature:

1. Sign in to the Google Admin console.
  2. Click Apps, select Google Workspace, and then click Calendar
  3. Click Sharing Settings.
  4. Under Video Calls, clear or select the check box next to Automatically add video calls to events created by a user.

For more information, refer to Google's documentation.

source: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360020187492-Using-the-Zoom-for-Google-Workspace-add-on

Please don't forget to hit the "like" button and "Accept as Solution" if the response provided answers your question.

We encourage you to continue using the Zoom Community for any Zoom-related questions or concerns you may have. 

Thank you and  be safe always!

Peter

Jameswalter
Participant

Sign in to the Google Calendar app. Tap the plus icon, then Event. Tap the video conferencing drop-down and select Zoom Meeting. Google Calendar will add a Zoom Meeting to your meeting details.

frankgold
Listener

Thanks for the replies.  I have now managed to restore the Google Calendar option when setting up a Zoom meeting. I don't know why Zoom's update caused the problem in the first place, but at least it's fixed now.