cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letterboxed Frame

JCT
Listener

After recording a couple dozen interviews as the host, I have a recording of a female client that is letter-boxed. The interviewee is the only person in the frame. We recorded a pickup in a separate file moments after the first one, and it had no letter-boxing. Neither of us had changed any settings in between recordings.

In addition, when she shares her screen, it is putting two to three gray boxes over what she is sharing. Sometimes these will clear up on their own, sometimes not.

I have never had this happen before. Any ideas what could be going on?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

To fix the letterboxing you might have them...

1. Turn off and back on their camera in Zoom.
  2. Go into Zoom Video settings and turn on or off the HD option and/or Original Ratio option.
  3. Then finally it may be coming from the camera itself and they might have some camera controls in separate software such as Logitech Camera Settings.

The gray boxes can be fixed in one of two ways that I'm aware of.

1. When they share, they can then click on the More button in the Zoom menu and select "Hide Floating Meeting Controls". This will hide the floating windows after 2-3 seconds, so be patient.
  2. When preparing to share have them NOT select (uncheck) the "Optimize for Video Clip" option.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Thank you! We'll give this a shot!