cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lag happening during Zoom meeting while using virtual camera app but not laggy for default camera

shomnathsomu
Listener

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open the Zoom app.
2. Start a new meeting.
3. During the Meeting switch from Default Camera to any Virtual camera from the available Cameras
4. Observe the meeting performance when the virtual camera is selected

Current behavior:
Lag happening during Zoom meeting while using the virtual camera application but not laggy for the default camera

N.B: CPU usage rises to 134% when the lag happens. Please check the attachment [Caphost-CPU.png].

Expected behavior:
The Zoom meeting should run without any lag when running with the virtual camera application.

Test Environment Specification:
macOS Monterey 12.6.3
MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021)
Chip: Apple M1 Max
Memory: 64 GB

2 REPLIES 2

lehliublaj
Listener

In my case the video feed provided by the virtual camera stalls.  This happens with both virtual cameras I have: obs virtual camera and Shoot USB camera. The only way to restart the video feed is to use the integrated FT camera. After quitting and restarting Zoom, a crash warning is displayed. Looking in the console logs, in the list of crash reports, I see that the application which crashed is caphost. I am using  Zoom version 5.14.2, MacOS Monterey 12.6.5 and an 1,8 GHz Intel Core i5 processor.

TheTudz
Listener

I resolved this issue for myself by lowering the frame rate in OBS to 25 frames per second (PAL). After making this adjustment, everything proceeded almost normally.