cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to remove emoji responses from the chat transcript file?

lshultz
Listener

I'm hoping to be able to share out the chat transcript after a meeting with people who attended (or did not attend). However, since I have emoji responses enabled (which create good engagement / community) these responses tend to clutter the chat transcript file and I end up manually removing all the emoji mentions from the file before sharing.

So, is there a way to remove emoji response mentions from the chat transcript file? Or do I have to disable emoji reactions altogether (which I don't want to do)?

For example, I want to remove 'XXX XXX Reacted to "That would be great...." with 👍' from the chat transcript file.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1

awdawdw
Listener

you have a few options to deal with this issue:

1. Manual Editing: You mentioned that you've been manually removing emoji mentions from the transcript. While this can be time-consuming, it's a straightforward method to achieve your goal if the volume of emoji reactions is not too high.

2. Request a Feature: If the platform you're using for meetings has an active development team, consider submitting a feature request. They might consider adding an option to export chat transcripts without emoji reactions in future updates if they receive enough user requests.

3. Third-Party Tools: There are third-party tools and scripts that can manipulate text files and potentially automate the removal of specific patterns of text. However, using such tools may require technical skills, and their effectiveness may depend on the specific format of your chat transcript.

4. Custom Scripting: If you're comfortable with scripting or programming, you could write a custom script to process the chat transcript and remove the emoji response mentions. This would offer the most control over the process but might be more time-consuming to set up initially.

5. Community or User Forums: Check if there are user forums or communities dedicated to the specific platform you're using for meetings. Sometimes, users share scripts or workarounds to address common issues like this one.

Before implementing any of these solutions, make sure to consider the privacy and terms of service of the platform you're using. Automated manipulation of chat transcripts should be done in compliance with the platform's policies and terms. Also, be aware that the platform's features and capabilities might have evolved since my last update in September 2021, so it's a good idea to check for any recent updates or features related to chat transcript exports.  attachment for mini excavator