cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to recover a recording if I didn't select it to be recorded in the first place?

Wes2
Listener

Is there a way to recover a recording if I never set my account to record? I'm assuming no, but are all meetings recorded for people like me who forget to check 'record meeting'? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

rsalinas
Listener

Hi, 

Yesterday I had a meeting, I didn´t record because I had the automatic recording ON, but the recording doesn´t appear. I didn´t forgot to record the meeting, I was sure that it was going to be recorded automaticaly but it doesn´t. I am dessapointed.

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

@Wes2 and @rsalinas - I've had this happen to me on occasion, and all I can say is that it really boils down to making sure the recording is active when you want it to be recording.  There are SO many setting areas, and whenever I've gone back and carefully checked, it's always been an error on my part.

I recommend always opening up the Participant list, and verify that the recording is in progress:

Screenshot 2022-02-27 105728-ZoomRecording.png

Verify the little cloud icon with the red  dot is there for Recording to the Cloud, and the little circle icon with the red dot is there for Recording to this Computer.

"Trust but verify" is good advice.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !