cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Zoom meetings, option to generate .ics file for Outlook - no longer available?

JelenaP
Listener

There used to be an option to get an .ics file in 'Add to' field of Zoom meetings. This option no longer appears there and 'add to Google calendar' is now the only option. See attached screenshot showing where this option used to be.

I've not found any settings that change this. I've also not found any posts about removal of this option. Is there any way to get this feature back?

It was very convenient because the company is using Google calendar but I use Outlook to manage my own email/calendar. Unfortunately, Google and Outlook don't work well together for meeting sync. It was very convenient to get ICS from Zoom.

scn.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

This option still exists. Here is a screen shot I just took.

Screen Shot 2023-10-12 at 6.00.57 PM.jpg

This is on the Zoom web portal - Schedule meeting.

Web portal

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Meetings.
  3. Click the topic of the meeting.
  4. Next to Time, there are options for adding to your calendar.
    • If you click on Google Calendar or Yahoo Calendar, it will create a calendar event automatically in the specific email service you choose.
    • If you click on Outlook Calendar, this will generate a .ics file that you import to your Outlook calendar.
  5. You can also manually copy the meeting information by clicking Copy Invitation.
    • If you select Copy Invitation, another window will open with the meeting invitation text.
    • Click Copy Meeting Invitation.
    • You can copy the invitation and send it out through email or elsewhere.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362183-Inviting-others-to-join-a-meeting 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Frank_TB

Hello,

This option still exists. Here is a screen shot I just took.

Screen Shot 2023-10-12 at 6.00.57 PM.jpg

This is on the Zoom web portal - Schedule meeting.

Web portal

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Meetings.
  3. Click the topic of the meeting.
  4. Next to Time, there are options for adding to your calendar.
    • If you click on Google Calendar or Yahoo Calendar, it will create a calendar event automatically in the specific email service you choose.
    • If you click on Outlook Calendar, this will generate a .ics file that you import to your Outlook calendar.
  5. You can also manually copy the meeting information by clicking Copy Invitation.
    • If you select Copy Invitation, another window will open with the meeting invitation text.
    • Click Copy Meeting Invitation.
    • You can copy the invitation and send it out through email or elsewhere.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362183-Inviting-others-to-join-a-meeting 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

JelenaP
Listener

Thanks so much for confirming! This is weird... I'll follow up with our company admin and see if there was maybe something they changed.