cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to allow 2 different Meeting ID's for the same meeting

Amherb
Listener

I need to have 2 different groups within a meeting.  Can I create 2 different Meeting ID's for the same meeting? 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Amherb
Listener

Thanks Ray a webinar is not really an option so I will do a work around and manage it myself.  
Appreciate the help.  Anne 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @Amherb,

This isn’t possible currently with Zoom. A Meeting ID is the single common identifier used to get everyone in the same place virtually speaking.

What is your use case for wanting two Meeting IDs?  I might be able to help you with an alternative approach if I understood you need for it. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Amherb
Listener

Ray thanks for the response.  Here is what I am trying to do:  We are hosting a meeting that runs every week that includes a mixture of individuals who will be listening and others who will be speaking and participating.  The speakers book an appointment and we were hoping to give them a separate access code so I could track them differently.  If there were 2 waiting rooms that would be great.    Let me know if any other questions. Thanks

Anne 

Ray_Harwood

Anne,

Have you considered using a webinar?  Speakers and other participants would be invited as Panelists, and the listeners could either register or be invited without registration as Attendees. I believe the Webinar Reports distinguish between Attendees and Participants.  If this is of interest, let me know and we can discuss further. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Amherb
Listener

Thanks Ray a webinar is not really an option so I will do a work around and manage it myself.  
Appreciate the help.  Anne