cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've lost my recording!

manar123
Listener

I was recording a meeting. After the meeting ended and it was time to convert it to mp4, I got a message that said something around "there's another conversion happening, after it ends go to your account and convert it from there." The message was true; a previous meeting recording was being converted.

I pressed okay but the thing is I didn't sign in to enter that meeting so I can't find it on my account. Please help, I need to send that recording to someone as fast as possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Even if you didn't sign-in before the meeting, the recording should still save in the default location. Try opening your Documents folder on that computer and looking for the Zoom folder within. There you should see a folder for each meeting you've recorded. See if you can find that specific session you recorded. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Bort

First, I'd suggest restarting your computer, so that the conversion in process is truly finished and stopped. Then, follow the steps in this article to start the conversion process for the recording that was not able to be processed:  https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362753-Troubleshooting-failed-conversion-of-local-recor...

zoom is not responding and my local recording did not down load

manar123
Listener

Doesn't work. I also can't find any recordings in my meeting tab as I didn't sign in before the meeting.

Bort

Even if you didn't sign-in before the meeting, the recording should still save in the default location. Try opening your Documents folder on that computer and looking for the Zoom folder within. There you should see a folder for each meeting you've recorded. See if you can find that specific session you recorded. 

Bort! You just saved my life! Thanks for that easy fix!

Hello.... having the same issue, except... i'm in the default folder (seeing all my previous recordings), and yesterday's recording simply isn't there.  I've restarted the computer....  don't know what else to do... 1.5 hr....  any suggestions?  

Still not working - I went to the folder and saw the other recording that was in progress when the second recording was put in the queue to download, and now I can't find the second recording anywhere no matter where I look in my Zoom folders, Zoom app, and desktop files.

Thank you very very much! Your answer helped me too.

lgreads
Listener

Please help! I have many folders in my PC local drive. All of the folders are empty except for a few recent chats. Where did they go? I am the host of most of these.