cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I no longer receive an email when someone joins my meeting

Frickerbasket
Listener

I used to get a handy email when someone had joined my personal meeting room and was waiting. I could click into the link in the email and connect with them without fail. I no longer receive these. Now I'm always guessing if they are there or not, are they waiting, if I start the meeting can they find me, etc.  I have missed several connections because of this. Has something changed? I checked my setting, the box to check to get an email when someone joins is still checked. Help!

2 REPLIES 2

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Frickerbasket only the host of the meeting will receive this email. This email notification is triggered if:

• An attendee is waiting for the host to start the meeting (join before host is disabled and waiting room is enabled)
  • An attendee has joined the meeting before the host (if the join before host setting is enabled and waiting room is disabled)

Your email maybe bouncing back as well, you've ensured its enabled from https://zoom.us/profile/setting --> Under Email Notification, click the When attendees join meeting before host toggle to enable or disable it? 

If you've double-checked all scenarios above ^ this may need to be investigated by our Support team! Let me know your findings and looking forward to your reply! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

sweile
Listener

I've had the same problem recently where I'm not receiving an email if someone joins my personal meeting room.  All the settings look correct.  Did you ever find a solution?