cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm co-teaching a workshop which consists of two Zoom meetings held simultaneously

rolandtec
Listener

So, I've invited a colleague to co-teach a writing workshop I have been offering for a few years. We've decided to divide the class into two halves. Each Group (A & B) will spend the first 2 hours of every 2.5 hour session in a unique Zoom meeting led by one of the two of us. Then for the last 30 min. we all gather as one whole group in one shared meeting. 

I've purchased one additional license to allow for two meetings under the umbrella of RolandTec.com to occur (and record video to the cloud) simultaneously.

So, I'm thinking I will set up Group B using the second licensed user i've set up under my account. Then have my co-teacher use my HOST KEY to assume hosting privileges each time she joins this meeting. 

But I'm afraid I may be either missing a step or over-complicating this. 

Anyone have experience with needing to have two meetings on at the same time?

2 REPLIES 2

Mathi
Attendee

@rolandtec ,

you can use the pre-assigned breakout room option, first two hours keep the main room for A group users and breakout room for B group users(pre-assign users with group B presenter). After 2 hours you can merge breakout room users into the main room.

Use this option " Auto close breakout rooms after () minutes" close breakout rooms.

Pre-assigned breakout room Article for your reference.

Note: If more than 200 participants are in the breakout room this option will not work. (if more than 200, you have to buy additional add-ins for 1000 participate per breakout room).

ZoomBulla
Listener

Hello Rolandtec,

Licensed users on Enterprise, Business, and Education accounts can host up to 2 meetings at the same time. Both meetings need to be started by the original meeting host or by an alternative host. The host can leave the meeting and pass host privileges to another user if needed.

For more details: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206122046-Can-I-Host-Concurrent-Meetings-

Regards: ZoomBulla