cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't convert my recording even though the file is in my computer. No prompt shows up.

rofou_45
Listener

Hello.  I used Zoom to record a discussion for my semester project.  I clicked on the 'Recordings' tab and yep, Zoom did save my file.  The problem is when I clicked to record it, nothing pops up.  I couldn't convert the file at all.  I also checked if the file exists on the web client and was shocked to find that it does not.  Is this the case of a corrupted file? If it helps. I did a demo recording beforehand.  That demo recording did save, but the second one did not.  I use Zoom on dekstop on the latest Microsoft Windows and since I just downloaded Zoom, it should be the latest version too.

3 REPLIES 3

rofou_45
Listener

Correction: "The problem is when I clicked to convert it, nothing happens."

lorrainenewby
Listener

When prompted with How do you want to open this file,

1. Click More apps.
  2. Click Browse.
  3. Go to Local Disk and follow path C:/Users/(PC username)/AppData/Roaming/Zoom/bin
  4. Click zTscoder.exe and make sure zTscoder.exe is displayed in the How do you want to open this file window.
  5. (Optional) Select the box for Always use this app to open .zoom files.
    This will ensure that it will use the same application when manually converting a local recording again.
  6. Click OK and wait for the local recording conversion to complete.

If you are still unable to convert your recording, submit a request to Zoom Support.

Thank you, I will try it and if I still face any more problem, I will submit a request.

If you are looking for the essay examples but can't find any good website for it doesn't worry you can go to this website https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/the-most-dangerous-game/ here you can see many essay examples which help you to complete your essay writing task.