cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not seen by others in meetings, my video is a black screen.

BeeGeeinNH
Listener

My video and camera are working fine. I've made sure my video is on.  Other participants see me only as a black screen unless I turn my video off and then they will see only my name.  This only happens when I am a participant. Everything works fine when I am a host. Please help!

1 REPLY 1

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @BeeGeeinNH, thank you for your contribution to the Zoom Community!

Let's proceed with some troubleshooting steps that you may do to try to resolve this issue:

Internet connection

1. Kindly try checking for your internet connection as this could be the culprit as to why you cannot screen share.
  2. To check for the strength of your internet connection, kindly visit Speedtest.
  3. If the internet connection is significantly slower, kindly 
    • Check your modem for any problems
    • Reach out to your Internet Service Provider (ISP).

Video Acceleration in your Zoom application/software:

1. Open your Zoom application/software
  2. Click your profile in the upper right corner
  3. Go to settings
  4. Click "Videos"
  5. Click "Advanced" at the bottom of your screen
  6. Follow the instructions below (kindly refer to the attached screenshot below named "Video Acceleration")
    • Uncheck then Check: "Video Processing" and "Sending Video" (these must be turned on)
    • Check then Uncheck: "Receiving video" (this must be turned off)

If the steps above fail, kindly try Uninstalling and Reinstalling the Zoom application/software:

UNINSTALLING:

1. In the Windows search bar, search for Control Panel.
  2. Click the Control Panel app.
  3. If Control Panel is set to Category view, click Uninstall a Program. Alternatively, if View by is set to Large or Small icons, click Programs and Features.
  4. Select Zoom in the programs list, then click Uninstall.
  5. If prompted Are you sure you want to uninstall Zoom?, click Yes.
  6. Once completed, download Zoom from our download center and reinstall

REINSTALLING:

1. In your internet browser, enter https://zoom.us/.
  2. At the top-right of the page, click RESOURCES then click Download Zoom Client.
    You can also directly access the Download Center.
  3. Under Zoom Client for Meetings, click the Download button.
    At the bottom left of your screen, the Zoom installer (ZoomInstaller.exe for Windows, zoomusInstallerFull.pkg for macOS, or the 32-bit/64bit Linux installer) will automatically start downloading the Zoom desktop client. If downloading doesn’t start, double-click the Zoom installer to begin the desktop client install.
    Note: After the Zoom desktop client installation is complete, a Zoom icon will appear on your desktop.
  4. Complete the installation process.
    For more information on Linux or macOS installation, please visit the Support articles on installing the Zoom application on Linux or macOS.
  5. Double-click the Zoom desktop icon to begin using Zoom.

Let me know if this resolves the issues!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?