cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove options from Meeting Controls

DrZoom
Listener

I do not need or want many of the new options on my Zoom Meeting control bar, Summary, AI Companion, Apps, Whiteboard, I never use them and they literally hide controls I do use like Recording and Breakout rooms. How can I remove these options?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @DrZoom 

Some of these options can be removed if disabled for your account through web settings. 

Generally I'd suggest trying to disable the features you don't want through web settings and see if that achieves what you want during your meetings. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Bort

Hi @DrZoom 

Some of these options can be removed if disabled for your account through web settings. 

Generally I'd suggest trying to disable the features you don't want through web settings and see if that achieves what you want during your meetings. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

The AI Companion tab is not showing up in the Settings of my Zoom web portal. Is there another way to disable the AI buttons from the meeting controls bar if I am not a host? Having them on the window means that the buttons I need to have easy access to are not readily available unless I search through the More button list.

I followed your instructions and was able to make my way to delete the apps as you suggested, however, my account list 0 Apps to mess with. There's obviously a ton of apps that my group has NO INTENTIOIN of ever using on the control strip. This HIDES the most valuable of the apps (Breakout Rooms) so many of my customers are unable to find the button during the meeting. So I have to go move them myself negating the usefulness of "let participants choose their room."  Come on folks! I know it's trendy now to default a new function to "ON" so you can get participation but it's confusing as heck to those with technology challenges. At least let me MOVE them to a less prominent position so we can get on with our meetings!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hello @DrZoom @Ausphoche @Dkdawe @Climber7 @Riebap thank you for all of your feedback. @Bort  suggests enabling and disabling in-meeting functionality at account level, therefore, disabling for all users on the account, including yourself. If these settings are disabled in the web portal, the meeting host will not have access to these features when creating or scheduling meetings when the meeting starts; therefore, you should notice that these features in-meeting will not appear, or that is our end goal here. However, Zoom is constantly innovating and releasing new features that you may want to use to improve your meeting experience. Sorry for any misunderstanding 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Riebap
Listener

How do I remove Otter AI.  I never asked for it.

Climber7
Listener

Bort -- I logged into the web portal and there is nothing helpful under "Settings."  Your other proposed solutions are also useless. You seem unaware that Zoom has screwed up the interface for millions of users, hidden useful icons by replacing them with useless ones, and given users no way to get the useful ones back.  Please create a simple right-click hide/show option on every icon on every client screen.  And in future, apply basic usability principles when changing user interfaces.

I agree, this is VERY frustrating that you can't turn off what is on the zoom page... I now can't find reactions in a hurry if I have the chat box open... Wish I hadn't approved AI Companion....