cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover deleted user (or transfer meetings after deletion)

RobertLifeworks
Listener

I inadvertently deleted a user without transferring data to another in the process (we were short on licenses so I had to delete them before adding the new ones staff wanted, plus I wasn't asked to keep anything...). I've lodged several tickets (they just get closed) and tried the online web chat - apparently our $1000s we spend per year are not enough to get any support from a human being, other than self-help. No wonder Teams is taking market share!

Anyway, does anyone know how to undelete a user, or at least change the ownership on all their previously created meetings, without the user existing any longer & therefore not being able to log in as them...? Can I override the ownership as an admin somehow to allocate to a new user/owner?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Unfortunately, once a user is deleted, all the data is gone and there is no way for Zoom to recover any info. The only thing that Zoom Support can assist with is helping to recreate some of the deleted meetings on a new user's profile. This involves you creating new meetings, and requesting that Support swap the new meeting IDs for the old, deleted IDs. This of course requires you to know the deleted IDs and those IDs must still be available on the system (not already randomly used by another user). 

Let me know if that is something you'd like to do and I can help get you into contact with Zoom Support. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ChrisO
Note Taker

I believe when you delete a user it deletes all of their meetings as well and there is no recovering them. If you need to free up licenses again, try deactivating the user instead of deleting them https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005269946-Deactivating-unlinking-or-deleting-users-from....

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

Bort

Unfortunately, once a user is deleted, all the data is gone and there is no way for Zoom to recover any info. The only thing that Zoom Support can assist with is helping to recreate some of the deleted meetings on a new user's profile. This involves you creating new meetings, and requesting that Support swap the new meeting IDs for the old, deleted IDs. This of course requires you to know the deleted IDs and those IDs must still be available on the system (not already randomly used by another user). 

Let me know if that is something you'd like to do and I can help get you into contact with Zoom Support. 

Is there anyway to access cloud recordings from previously deleted users?

Hi Bort, 

I just found myself in a similar position as the original poster.  If the old ID has indeed been immediately deleted, then I would at least like to pursue your suggestion:
   - creating a new account with the recently deleted email address
   - trying to swap the new meeting IDs for the old, deleted IDs
Would you please point me to a good contact at Zoom Support?

Thanks,
Dave

This is unacceptable. Mistakes happen and there needs to be a process to restore. 

RobertLifeworks
Listener

Much thanks guys, will get back to you Bort if the users decide to try & re-use the old meeting IDs, but I've strongly advised them against that. I suggested we just forward the original Outlook invites from the departed user (who is still on our network/in AD & Exchange) to the new host user, and then use that as a template to recreate and send out a new, updated invite to clients, with a new meeting ID.