cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the auto-transcription captions to show on a Shared Screen when using two monitors

DSpencer55
Listener

Hi,

Does anyone know how to get the auto-transcription captions to show on a Shared Screen when using two monitors? When I share screen on one monitor, the captions move over automatically to the other monitor that is not being shared. I want the captions to show on the screen that is being shared, if possible. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @DSpencer55, the closed caption window should be moveable by clicking, holding, and dragging. Is it not? 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

MTSO_Chapel
Listener

Sorry to raise an old thread, but this is also an issue for our use case. In response to the moderator RN's comment/question, yes you can drag the CC window around the primary screen, but you *can not* move away from the control panel screen and onto a dual monitor setup. This is problematic for us, as we use the dual monitor setup to broadcast our Zoom internally during Chapel, but our guests who rely on CC are unable to benefit from that accessibility feature. I was hopeful that the recent updates to the Zoom platform would address this (the release notes mention a resolution to CC not displaying properly on dual monitors, but I can not see any changes related to my particular issue) - am I looking in the wrong place?

Using Zoom Version: 5.12.8 (10232) on Windows 11.

Thank you!

RayN
Listener

I see the same issue with not being able to view captions on a shared screen in a dual monitor setup.   Since the shared screen is the primary windows that user is looking at during a shared session, there should be an option to view captions on this screen.