cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to choose the data center for ZOOM Meeings ?

MichaelLIU
Listener

When I will start one ZOOM meeting , it will be able to auto connect to the nearest data center or local data center ?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

MichaelLIU
Listener

Eg, I am in China,  When I start one zoom meeting , and I find that the data center will auto connect to the USA data center , Why it can not connect to the china data center ?

Thanks

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer

Your meeting host may have disabled the use of the data center in China (Tianjin), or may have turned off the Meetings/webinars data center.
If you are connecting from China, but you are connected to a data center in the U.S. instead of Singapore or Hong Kong, it is likely that you have not configured your settings.

Ohkawa

Hi, Michael

Yes, participants will be connected to the nearest data center in terms of Internet communication among the data centers in the country/region that the host allows.
It is not the proximity of physical distance.
For example, if you connect from Japan, you may be connected to Singapore if the data center in Japan is busy.

This can be set in your user profile.

Ohkawa_0-1631596766259.png

In this example, China is checked, but anyone connecting from outside of mainland China will not be connected to the China data center.
Hong Kong can also be used to connect from Japan if it is checked, so for safety reasons I have set it to not be used.

Note) that the United States cannot be unchecked.

We have many east coast users that operate out of locations like New York and New Jersey yet they consistently connect to the San Jose data centers for all zoom meetings.  Working with support to try to address these issues but the granularity of the tooling mentioned above doesn't address this as it is by country, not region.