cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I stop a web page from launching a Zoom meeting automatically?

scampasn
Listener

I've done some searching on this but just came up with stuff about launching Zoom automatically on startup or how to use the browser instead of the Zoom client.

What's happening is that every time I visit a certain web page (which does have a link to a Zoom meeting on it), Zoom launches and starts the meeting automatically, even if it's not time for the meeting. This doesn't happen with other links/meetings. I think it's something programmed into the page. I want to disable it!

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

scampasn
Listener

I figured out this has to do with using the "Always open these types of links in the associated app" option for Zoom. So the auto-launch part of the problem is on the browser end, and I'll have to figure out how to fix that for Vivaldi.

The fact the site I'm using was set up with these pages exposed and unavoidable is on their end and I've complained to them about it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jameswalter
Participant

Dismiss window notifications in Zoom meetings
Open the Zoom Settings (hit your user icon in the top right side of the Zoom app). Then select Chats. Scroll down and ensure that the Mute notifications while

Regards,
James

That was already selected. What it would have to do with Zoom meetings launching automatically?

scampasn
Listener

I figured out this has to do with using the "Always open these types of links in the associated app" option for Zoom. So the auto-launch part of the problem is on the browser end, and I'll have to figure out how to fix that for Vivaldi.

The fact the site I'm using was set up with these pages exposed and unavoidable is on their end and I've complained to them about it.