cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having troubles to connect to meetings

Jonathan11
Listener

Hello everyone,

unfortunately, for a couple of days I have been having troubles entering a zoom session with my Macbook.

Every single time, for at least 10 seconds the screen "trying to connect" is displayed. At the end, it says that it is not possible to connect to the meeting and that I should check my network connection.

But with my iPad, using the same network connection, I am able to connect to the meetings. Does anybody have any suggestions what to do?

3 REPLIES 3

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Jonathan11 I would try first to uninstall the application and reinstall the application. There may be an issue with the installation on the device. 

Outside of that, I would certainly try another network with that Macbook device to ensure that it isn't the network at fault even though it works on the iPad. 

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

Thank you very much for the quick answer. Unfortunately, I have tried your given advices already multiple times in the last couple of days. But neither did work. Do you have any other ideas?

J-Zoom-ATL

@Jonathan11 If reinstalling the application didn't work and if the issue still persists on other networks, I suggest opening a ticket with our support team. 

If you have any antivirus running you may want to try disabling this temporarily to see if it will allow you to connect. 
You can also try disabling the firewall on your machine to test with. There could be something configured blocking the connection. 
Mac Firewall settings 

You can also try resetting the network adapter. 
Reset Network adapter 

Definitely give those options a shot to see if they yield any results. If not, definitely reach out to the Zoom support team. 
*The links provided are not from Zoom and are to external sources*